WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
cripling

cripling is unknown at this point
Discuss IllegalDanish2:EFO (Yes it is out, see inside for link)

If you haven't seen the movie yet it can still be seen here http://www.myndflame.com/Movies/p803...1/p803_js_on/1 . Doesn't seem to have been posted on WCM yet, gonna try to do that with only the stage6 stream to see how it works.

Now back to the movie, I think super snacks was better than this and I can't believe it actually took 2 years to make this 11 min long episode which contained almost nothing about escaping from ogrimmar and it is basically all the trailers put together and a little other stuff at the beginning, I totally expected more cause this wasn't as funny as Supersnacks atleast. I liked the editing though, pretty awesome. out of 5!

Last edited by cripling : 01-02-2008 at 12:18 PM.
cripling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
akaWhisp
Initiate

akaWhisp is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have to agree with cripling on this one and say that for the two year wait, it was a bit of a disappointment. Perhaps my expectations were just through the roof, but considering the fact that half of the movie had content that had already been released (the intro, HMS Theramore, etc.) and a little extra, I was sort of shocked that the 24 minutes were over so quickly.

Don't get me wrong, it made me laugh several times, but I was just expecting more than this after watching Tales of the Past III that was done in a year and a half, had NO funding, and was a full length movie.

Last edited by akaWhisp : 01-02-2008 at 12:37 PM.
akaWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Punchline

Punchline is notable
Watching it now.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Walterion
Initiate

Walterion is unknown at this point
I found the movie like a rush movie, done end of september. Part of the movie was trailers, and some part of the trailers wasn't there (AKA Zinwrath). For 2 years, a 24 min long movie...it's not good. And all might agree that Martin Falch's movie did it the right way.
Now we will have to wait for the reviews.
Walterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
Bovinor
Initiate

Bovinor is unknown at this point
i agree. although a very good movie a lot of it was stuff taken from the trailers which is a bit lazy but nvm. i rly enjoyed the movie tho especially Killjoy at the end =) but i was under the impression that from a previous trailer that Zinwrath was going to be in this 1? i guess they couldnt get him =( shame really but i recommend watching EFO
Bovinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Qinneth
Initiate

Qinneth is an unknown quantity at this point
Half of the material seen in the trailers doesn't even show up in the movie, there is no heroic rescue mission into Orgrimmar. Just a random collection of clips and jokes that are supposed to be a coherent story. The plot itself is as twisted and impenetrable as a granite octopus.

Part 1 at least made some sense. Let's hope that part 3 isn't as much of a bastard child as part 2.
Qinneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
Punchline

Punchline is notable
Here is my review.

http://blogcraftworld.blogspot.com/2...ar-122007.html
Old 01-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Walterion
Initiate

Walterion is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinneth View Post
Half of the material seen in the trailers doesn't even show up in the movie, there is no heroic rescue mission into Orgrimmar. Just a random collection of clips and jokes that are supposed to be a coherent story. The plot itself is as twisted and impenetrable as a granite octopus.

Part 1 at least made some sense. Let's hope that part 3 isn't as much of a bastard child as part 2.
reminds me of HL2 Review somehow...
Walterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
Cothem
Initiate

Cothem is unknown at this point
Very disappointing.
Cothem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #10
Darkalus

Darkalus is unknown at this point
Unlike most movies, IDEFO has this really original structure and wackiness that only Myndflame can create. The use of random jumping around the scenes were kind of wacky and creative, but there was absolutely no decent plot line to be found, which disappointed me. And like most people, I do feel that the length is too short. Voice acting is great, but at times the voices are drowned out by other sounds/music. Although not all the jokes were funny, they were all very creative in a witty fashion.

The visuals and custom models were absolutely stunning (arguably the best), and the editing was flawless! You must have spent countless of hours doing stuff at such a high level. Next time if you focus more on the storyline rather than the visuals, you'll create a real masterpiece.
Darkalus is offline   Reply With Quote