WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
mylord
Initiate

mylord is an unknown quantity at this point
Video Uploaded only w/ Mirrors, being threated to be deleted.

Original thread: http://www.mmorpgforum.net/project.php?issueid=619

About a month ago I finished a ~35 minute Warcraft video and uploaded it to Youtube in three parts (youtube has a 15 minute limit).

Two weeks later I went to Warcraftmovies.com and created a new movie request, HOWEVER I did not upload the movie via the WCM uploader. Instead, in the "mirrors" section, I put three links corresponding to Parts 1 through 3 of my film.

I completed every aspect of the form and submitted it. I was notified it would take up to a week or so to verify it.

A day or so later, I received the classic message:
Quote:
"Hi,
Your movie, Fadestorm the Movie (60 Warrior Twink PvP) Parts 1-3, has not yet been uploaded although more than 12 hours has passed since you submitted it. If we do not receive your movie within 72 hours from now it will automatically be deleted."
It was deleted after that 72 hours. I am very confused why; the form said it was ok if we skipped the upload section and instead put mirrors.

PLEASE HELP ME
mylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Hi mylord,
I believe the problem is that the movie was split in 3 parts on Youtube. You can still use 3 parts on Youtube but then we need to be able to fetch the complete original file from somewhere else (or you uploading it). Please submit it again.

It should not have been deleted though without us notifying you about the situation. One of our moderators was a bit too quick. Sorry about that.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
mylord
Initiate

THANK YOU FOR A RESPONSE!

Problem:

My Sony Vegas cannot handle renders above 15 minutes in length as well.

I have no choice but to upload it as 3 parts. I am not able to upload it as one file.

What do you suggest doing?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Uzbeki

You can make 3 submissions and upload one part in each submission.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
mylord
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzbeki View Post
You can make 3 submissions and upload one part in each submission.
I was afraid you would say that...

Not to be stingy but having multiple WCM pages for my film is not desired; it creates hassle more or less.

What about this:

I upload a ~20 second movie file saying that the links are in the description or mirror's section?
Or, can you authorize my movie if I upload with only mirrors? Does WCM have to have an uploaded movie to be able to work, or can solely mirrors suffice?

Why is this?

In the meantime, I will attempt to render my movie in one whole section. Though last time I attempted to upload a movie via WCM uploader, my browser (firefox, google chrome, and IE) crashed at a certain percentage of uploading after leaving it run all night. I hope I won't have to deal with that again.

Thank you for responding, I put so much time into this movie that getting some viewers to actually watch it will be rewarding.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
Uzbeki

The mean reason why want the original file uploaded is because of the archivial advantages. You wouldnt believe how many times the author has lost the original source files and we are the only place to get it back.

As long as you keep the the full size to less than 2GB it should not be a problem uploading it.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
mylord
Initiate

Each part of the film is approximately 1.21 GB; all of them are above a GB. There are three parts.

Is that 2GB size an actual limit or is it a suggested size? Can you authorize the movie anyways even though it is larger than the upload limit?

I understand your concern about lost files on mirrors but YouTube is a reliable site. I have worked out the disputes with music copywright on my film as well. Can you authorize the movie anyways? I love your site and it would just bend me backwards to attempt to work around these limits.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:40 AM   #8
mylord
Initiate

Bump.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
Uzbeki

Please create one submission for each part and add one youtube link on each part. We will then grab it from Youtube for you.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
mylord
Initiate

Done as asked.