WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Vanche
Initiate

Vanche is an unknown quantity at this point
LF tips/pointers in making a 3v3 video!

Hello all so I've been a HUGE fan of WCM since my friend showed me it almost one year ago. I've been playing wow for almost a year and a half now and have a level 80 rogue on Altar of Storms at the moment. Me and my 2 friends wan't to make a 3v3 video and were looking for tips on how to go about making this.

I plan on buying Fraps, I've been told it's the best in game cam to buy as of now. Can anyone back this up?

What should I use to piece it together? Windows Movie maker? If not that what should I use. Im a pritty quick learner and catch on to these things so I should be able to get the hang of new programs.

My influences to make a video are Acrono, Drakedog and Xmo/Eazey. Should I try to simulate some of thoes special effects or make my own?

We were looking at 3 PoV's for this video. Here is what I was thinking of doing for the video:
• PoV of Shaman
• PoV of Mage
• PoV of Rogue (me)
• Duels against well geared players

Is this a good way to go about making a video? Its more based around the arena 3v3 but I will input some duels of me 1v1 and some 1v2 shots to see if the viewers think I can make a solo video.

Any advice is VERY appreciated. thank you in advance.
Vanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Buttascotch
Initiate

Buttascotch is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes fraps is the single best game cam available right now.

Also, please dear god, do not use Windows Movie Maker.
Slap down the extra cash for sony vegas pro. It takes a little bit to learn how to use it all, but the show me how tutorials can get you started really nicely.
Buttascotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
Twas_Mimzy
Initiate

Twas_Mimzy is unknown at this point
Fraps is full of win! I highly recommend it!

My friend Essie has done some brilliant things with Movie Maker, but I think the program is terrible. It can't do nearly as much as other editing programs, and I've found it impossible to properly sync video to sound. No matter how spot on it appears in the preview, it always renders so that the video is a few seconds too fast or slow.

I personally use Adobe Premiere (student edition) since I could get it dirt cheap at my school. I think it's a good solid program and while it can't do as fancy as stuff as the full version it suits my needs. If you are a college student/you know a college student I would recommend looking into it.

Otherwise go for Sony Vegas Pro. It's about $200 cheaper then Adobe Premiere Pro and I've heard fantastic things about it. You might want to see if Vegas has a student version too... It won't have all the bells and whistles, but it will be a lot cheaper then the newest full version.
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Twas_Mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote