WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
Akrios
Initiate

Akrios is unknown at this point
Pet peeve: Gimmick movies

These gimmick movies racking up dl's that took about 2 minutes to make

perfect example: I'm a shaman
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=43842

or

10k moonfire!
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=45402

or

3 man prince
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=45364

or

3 shot!

or soon to be released rogue solos ragnaros

pretty sure these vids go against everything that real video makers strive for...their success based upon provacative titles is pretty disgusting.

Would love if something could be done about these movies...such as screening titles more strictly, and greater awareness when a movie will attempt to succeed based on title alone.

Just my thoughts on it
Akrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
3 Man prince is the only one in that list I even consider mildly relevant. The rest are all trash that doesn't deserve to even be on this site. Reason why? 3man prince's song was one I've heard before and actually laughed it, and it had at least some partial relevance to the title at hand. Never said 3 man wipe or 3 man kill.

10k Moonfire/I'm a shaman (or I'm a [class] videos by that guy are killing more braincells than the world's alcohol consumption rate)

There should be a category as a wall of shame section for these videos. Horrid content not worth a damn except for the immature fools who thinks it's worth their 2 cents. Go ahead, keep your trash, we don't want it.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
...There should be a category as a wall of shame section for these videos. Horrid content not worth a damn except for the immature fools who thinks it's worth their 2 cents. Go ahead, keep your trash, we don't want it.
World of shame would be a fun way to furthermore point out that we in no way think this is quality movies.. We work hard not to release low quality movies, although sometimes there are movies who pass the screening process a bit too easy. Sometimes the movies are so bad we give them to you guys to be the judge.

The rating system is there for a reason and noone has to click a movie if it has rating below ~3 and that's a great thing, download+raiting are things you should as a prominent author should respect, you are nothing more than a Youtube jester if all you can achieve are downloads.

I can also mention we have taken more action towards a higher quality movie site and hopefully this will show in the upcoming weeks.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedan View Post
World of shame would be a fun way to furthermore point out that we in no way think this is quality movies.. We work hard not to release low quality movies, although sometimes there are movies who pass the screening process a bit too easy. Sometimes the movies are so bad we give them to you guys to be the judge.

The rating system is there for a reason and noone has to click a movie if it has rating below ~3 and that's a great thing, download+raiting are things you should as a prominent author should respect, you are nothing more than a Youtube jester if all you can achieve are downloads.

I can also mention we have taken more action towards a higher quality movie site and hopefully this will show in the upcoming weeks.
Good to hear, hopefully the god awful gimmick movies that don't deserve to be viewed stay away from this site, it ruins any credibility here whatsoever. You have one of the most viewed movies listed yet 90% of the people who watched it would rather view a rickroll or something worse than that. The only actual credit I give is to the authors who make them by spending their time on the video. Maybe if they had some decency as to the content they put people wouldn't be so judgemental about their crap(ie: me).
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrios View Post
or soon to be released rogue solos ragnaros
I declined that, but I guess someone disagrees with me.

I thought "I'm a Shaman" caused enough trouble.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
All three are under a 3.0 rating, I would safely say they are not liked very well.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
DlouBent

DlouBent is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valamir View Post
All three are under a 3.0 rating, I would safely say they are not liked very well.

Still not a reason to remove em though.

But i most agree they shouldnt be approved in first place
DlouBent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
...sometimes small stones produce big ripples...
Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
DlouBent

Good one indeed Dwärv
Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #10
DlouBent

Quote:

WOOT WOOT