WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
Ravagous
Initiate

Ravagous is unknown at this point
Helpful Hints with Model Viewer

Hey everyone, just making this post to help people with any issues or to give ideas when using Model Viewer to make a video. Probably the best use of Model Viewer has to be Tales of the Past 3, and at certain parts I noticed an issue that continuously popped up, for instance.

During the scene with any blood elf, you'll notice their eyelids cover over their eyes, looking like they are constantly closed. The way to fix this is to Open Model Control and Scroll down to 49, and uncheck it. It will remain that way for that character throughout everything you do until you either re-make a character or recheck it (and they'll still blink, just an additional cover isn't shown).

Another nifty thing you can do is this.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...wrath/Pic1.jpg

You can make some armor look like robes, vests or otherwise with the model control on Model Viewer. The I choose to use this set (Lightbringer) to bring up the next strange issue I see in movies, like the slow walk at the end of Tales of the Past 3. Under the robe, you'll notice you don't have legs, and it looks very strange just wearing slippers.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...wrath/Pic2.jpg

And here, you can see kegs have been added. Though it's not an issue that their legs disappear, it looks nicer that they aren't Rayman, and also their leg armor won't pierce the robe, keeping good flow.

Any other hints and tips any of you want to give while using WoW Model Viewer, go ahead and post

Last edited by Ravagous : 01-14-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Ravagous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:08 AM   #2
soosisti

soosisti is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagous View Post
During the scene with any blood elf, you'll notice their eyelids cover over their eyes, looking like they are constantly closed. The way to fix this is to Open Model Control and Scroll down to 49, and uncheck it. It will remain that way for that character throughout everything you do until you either re-make a character or recheck it (and they'll still blink, just an additional cover isn't shown).
There is a lot easier way to do this too: just do not use model viewer version 0.5.09 but use the 0.5.08 instead. All the latest item lists etc work fine on it as well.

The .09 version has also some other nasty bugs, for example some creatures do not show all right.

One tip that I could give is something that I once discovered by accident. It is possible to "walk" around on the shown character/creatrure with the arrow keys. Though you might have to click on the character first.

"WTF? plz stop and get a life !"
-Comment on Unlimited Escapism vol. 2 by Xah

Blog @ http://www.baronsoosdon.com
(Latest ramblings and information about my upcoming movies.)

IRC - #machinima @ Quakenet
Newbies and pros are welcome!
soosisti is offline   Reply With Quote