WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Actors & Directors Corner
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
sporkinworks
Initiate

sporkinworks is an unknown quantity at this point
Spork In The Works : WoW Machinima Project

Hello there all!

My name is Kat White and I am currently working my little buns off to get a Machinima produced using World of Warcraft for my final year of university study. To give a little introduction I am gonna quote myself, not through arrogance, but for general ease (and I hate typing the same things over and over again).

"I am currently working on a documentary about Machinima for my final year dissertation at University. The documentary itself will be produced as a 'Machinima'. I will be covering the subject of Machinima origins before covering the more technical side of things, as well as genres, well known projects and the impact of Machinima on internet communities and online gaming as well as the media.

As this is my first Machinima other than gameplay videos I have chosen to work in the World Of Warcraft MMORPG (WoW). I know this deviates from the traditional view of manipulating a game engine for the use of making footage, but this is one of the online games I am most familiar with other than FPSs and allows a much more nuetral setting for viewers not familiar with gaming (and since my target audience are my collective course members, there are sadly few who have any interests in gaming). Within the Machinima itself will be the production of another Machinima (ah, the conundrum wrapped in a riddle stuffed with a enigma metaphor is right round the corner...). It will star the characters of WoW as the film and tech crew including the actors, director, sound and special effects guys who will help explain the dynamics of Machinima production.

As far as my own skills go, I have already received training in editing with both adobe products and the industry standard Avid software so I am conformable in editing. I have also self-taut myself a lot of the skills needed in Photoshop and other like-minded programs. However, I have to work out the real ins and outs of manipulating the game, it's maps and models to the fullest so I can create my own project which I will be proud of. As my research and script work develop I will keep you all posted on my dissertation project and the Machinima process."

Now! To my point of posting! I will be in the near future looking for people to participate in this Machinima project, mostly through contributions of opinions and points on Machinima, the expanding catalogue of Machinimas to date and the communities growing around them. These can lead to your characters featured as interviews or quoted within the final project.

Other oppurtunities may arise as the project continues, such as a chance to voice act.

So mainly I am here to drum up some attention for the project and to see if there are any people out there who are interested. Any comments and opinions are welcome and if you want to stir some machinima based conversations then let it roll my friends!

For more specific updates and WIP images, videos, etc. please watch my Blog, created recently and dedicated to the Spork In The Works Machinima Project.
http://sporkinworks.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

And if this is in the wrong place, many apologies and please feel free to move this as necessary.

/salute
sporkinworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
soosisti

soosisti is unknown at this point
You might also wanna come visit the #machinima channel on Quakenet IRC, lots of us (WoW) machinima people are there.

"WTF? plz stop and get a life !"
-Comment on Unlimited Escapism vol. 2 by Xah

Blog @ http://www.baronsoosdon.com
(Latest ramblings and information about my upcoming movies.)

IRC - #machinima @ Quakenet
Newbies and pros are welcome!
soosisti is offline   Reply With Quote