WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
imnotamage
Initiate

imnotamage is an unknown quantity at this point
Video quality going to sh.t after rendering

when i look at my fraps clip its completely clear, i can see chat, skills everything, once i render (and yes i copied rendering tutorial on here) it goes to shit, i dont have a bad computer anymore, i got an up to date one, and get 50 fps while frapsing/live streaming on xfire, i have never made a video either so i might be doing something wrong because my friend had 10 fps frapsing and he made a video and i could see his chat/skills clearly, mine gets all blurry, i need help, i know im not doing something right
imnotamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Hurrygun
Initiate

Hurrygun is an unknown quantity at this point
what program are you using to render movie?
Hurrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Eastcoast
Initiate

Eastcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm having the same problem as well. My fraps footage is pretty good looking. I run at half-screen, 25 fps, and my resolution is 1600x900 (or something to that effect). I'm rendering with Vegas 8.0. The quality gets significantly degraded, although I'm 99% positive I followed the directions in the movie making thread exactly.
Eastcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
Eastcoast
Initiate

Eastcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
After some searching I found some useful information that seemed to help me gain a bit more quality from the render.

Open the project properties and press the folder icon all the way on the right labeled "Match Media Settings" when you hover your mouse over it. Then navigate to a piece of FRAPS footage so it can match it. This should set you project properties to match te footage you took with fraps. Personally I did half screen, 25 fps, so it will match that as best as possible. Also right-click on every video event, open the properties and select Disable Resample. This will keep Vegas from blending frames together.

I then changed some of the settings for my rendering template. I'll go back and double check, but I believe I set it to use NTSC 25 FPS, NTSC Standard Size setting, and the DivX Codec I most recently downloaded. This seemed to give it a noticeable difference in quality, although it is not crystal clear, it seemed to help while keeping file size down.
Eastcoast is offline   Reply With Quote