WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Ricardo13
Initiate

Ricardo13 is unknown at this point
Render problems in After effects (& questions)

Hey again,

I saw some cool stuff ppl did in after effects so I thought one day I should get me that program.. I checked the price and... HOLY COW IT'S EXSPENSIVE!
I got the money now but I first checked the trail version of CS3 it's kinda great I learned the very basics from andrew kramers tutorials I tried to do some scenes with modelviewer and mapviewer everything looks great but everytime I try to render it as an uncompressed AVI or quicktime format I get an error message "Key-light has crashed" and all the other effects I used

and because I'm new to edit with CS3 I'd appreciate some advices like:

-How can I let my characters walk through the picture while the camera walks from left to the right of the screen

-How do I do the whole Zoom fuction?

-Do you often use stuff like Motion tracking in WoW machinimas?
If so when and why? (I know that you can use it to tuck some signs on a building wich a character passes)

if you have more tips just tell me

PS: me english no good!

Last edited by Ricardo13 : 10-16-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Ricardo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
Q: "How can I let my characters walk through the picture while the camera walks from left to the right of the screen?"

A: That is all done in WoW Model Viewer. You set the character on the left side of the screen and press the left arrow key (Needs to be on the walk emote). Make sure the character is facing the way he is walking or it will look weird.

Q: "How do I do the whole Zoom fuction?"

A: The zoom function can be done several ways.
#1: It can be done using the "Scale" property of the footage. Set a key frame then move foward like 10 frams and scale up the footage.
#2: It can also be done using a camera inside of After Effects. Make the footage a 3D layer then using the Camera Z track tool to zoom in. (Note: the "C" button is the default key for the camera orbit tool. Hit "C" three times and you will get the Z-axis tool.)

Q: "Do you often use stuff like Motion tracking in WoW machinimas?
If so when and why? (I know that you can use it to tuck some signs on a building wich a character passes)"

A: Motion Tracking can be used quite a bit or never at all. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Putting a sign on a building, like you said, would need motion tracking to do that in After Effects. In order to do that you MUST use the corner pin tracking or it will screw up the entire sign moving correctly with the building.

I hope I answered all of your questions. If you have any more feel free to ask in this thread or to PM me here.
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
Ricardo13
Initiate

Ricardo13 is unknown at this point
Thanks

Quote:
Q: "How can I let my characters walk through the picture while the camera walks from left to the right of the screen?"

A: That is all done in WoW Model Viewer. You set the character on the left side of the screen and press the left arrow key (Needs to be on the walk emote). Make sure the character is facing the way he is walking or it will look weird.
I meant like.. let's say we're at the beginning of a movie and 3 characters walk towards the camera we got 4 Layers 3 for each character and 1 for the background so I want the camera to be on the sky first then go down and show all the charakters but I think I just got it now since I understand the zooming

Only thing I now need to know is what render options I should use to don't get those rendering Errors