WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Martinfalch
Hall of Fame member

Martinfalch is unknown at this point
Looking for mirror-hosters for TotPIII

Hey people!

I'm finishing up Tales of the Past III currently and I've started looking for major hosters (aside from the WCM premium downloads ofc) to host the movie, so that pressure upon release will be divided as much as possible.

The movie file will be around 1,5 GB to 2 GB, so it's quite massive - also, there is probably going to be alot of download pressure for the first period, so the hoster will have to be aware of this.

What I'm looking for are mainly large, stable hosters, that are at least up for hosting for the first month or two, after that it won't be as necessary.

Also: I'm not gonna have a stream available for the first month or so, at least that's what I'm planning so far, so it's mainly Direct downloads that are relevant

@WCM admins: if this post is in a category that you'd like to be removed, feel free to remove it. I don't know how your rules are in regards to your forums being used for a request that potentially limits the amount of premium users you might get from a lower amount of non-wcm mirrors. So if you feel that this post doesn't fit here, go ahead and remove it

- Martin Falch

PS: you can either contact me by PM on these forums, or by WCM PM or by using the contact info on www.talesofthepast.com
Martinfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
dimus
Initiate

dimus is unknown at this point
ooh finally! cant wait to see this one been waiting for it
dimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
I figure filefront would be a good choice, I've seen it host up to 1gig files, and even more. Dunno if it can reach 1.5 to 2gb tho, but I assume it's possible.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
Dopefish
Hall of Fame member

Dopefish is notable
1,5-2,0 GB? That's quite alot. Dunno if I can help you out finding hosts for that, but you should always put a stream up on Stage6
Old 11-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
Martinfalch
Hall of Fame member

Well I don't really wanna tempt those people that have been waiting for so long with a stream - I kinda feel it's important to get it onto their computer, so a stream prob won't be released until after 1 month or so
Old 11-02-2007, 02:56 AM   #6
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
Avoid Stage6.

They'll delete your video if it uses any real amount of bandwidth from my (and others') experiences.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Silet
Initiate

Silet is an unknown quantity at this point
"Files cannot be larger than 1GB or take more than 10 hours to upload."

That's what the video upload said on FileFront.
Silet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
Sent you a PM
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #9
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
I'm guessing that you're going to break it up in to parts... If you don't you'd be a mad man and wouldn't get as many hits.

There is a sticky that lists some popular hosts, have a look at that and see if you find anything useful.

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #10
Martinfalch
Hall of Fame member

So far I've actually gotten quite a couple of massive hosts for the movie + the torrent system should take alot of the heat during the start Basically whether I break it up or not doesn't change the file size, so people will have to download it anyway, so the only limiter to downloads will be amount of mirror/upload-boundaries - I'm not going to break up the movie, though, since I'd still risk it not being small enough for Filefront etc in 2 parts and also it would sorta ruin the "feel" of a whole movie

But in the end, I don't really care that much about hits anyway, if people don't want to go through the slight amount of trouble with downloading the movie (which is basically just letting the computer download for a long time), then they can just wait for the streamed version, which will be added later on

- Martin