WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
Laxxors
Initiate

Laxxors is unknown at this point
No Stage6 Is instant Bad

In my honest opinion, if a movie doesn't have a Stage6 link, I lose my interest Right then and there, it takes little to no effort to put something up on stage6. I don't see why I should be expected to take my time to view and critique someones elses work, when they can't take just a little bit of time to host it on stage6.

TL;DR

If you are even the least bit serious about anything you put on WCM. Put up a Stage6 link for god sakes.
Laxxors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
I'm sorry but you will have to take that up with each and every author personally. It is their movie and their responsibility to host all mirror links. I personally think our premium service is worth having because we guarantee our services whereas the author can't.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
KnifeWizard
Initiate

KnifeWizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Can somebody tell me where i can download Stage 6 plz would be much appreciated.
KnifeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Waverian

Waverian is unknown at this point
If you're not being entertained by watching videos themselves, then you might be at the wrong website, and if downloading something in the background while doing something else or AFK is actually taking your time I'd hate to see what you'd consider time-consuming.

You're not doing anybody any favors by "viewing and critiquing somebody else's work" if you don't care enough about the video to bother downloading it if there's no s6 stream.
Waverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
Silet
Initiate

Silet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxxors View Post
if a movie doesn't have a Stage6 link, I lose my interest Right then and there,
That's sad.

Quote:
it takes little to no effort to put something up on stage6.
That's true... if you render to the format that they accept.

Quote:
I don't see why I should be expected to take my time to view and critique someones elses work, when they can't take just a little bit of time to host it on stage6.
Maybe it's because that said "work" takes time all on its own. - And what makes your critique so special?

Quote:
TL;DR
kthx?

Quote:
If you are even the least bit serious about anything you put on WCM. Put up a Stage6 link for god sakes.
You know, I honestly wish I could, but I can't render into the formats that Stage 6 accepts. Whenever I try, my movies are dark and fogged, and the quality is shit. And even if I did upload to Stage 6, and if by the luck of whateverthef*ck I got recommended and my video was seen by many, it would most likely be taken off of Stage 6 simply because I would be using to much of their bandwidth.

And going back to the whole, "if a movie doesn't have a Stage6 link, I lose my interest Right then and there," and, "I don't see why I should be expected to take my time to view and critique someones elses work, when they can't take just a little bit of time to host it on stage6," well then I'm glad, because you'll never be my critic.

Last edited by Silet : 01-18-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Silet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
Stage6 is useless for videos in high demand, and uploading there can take a long time (you try uploading a 750mb file at 25kbyte a second, have fun).