WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Nev132
Initiate

Nev132 is unknown at this point
Sony vegas

Hi guys

Been wanting to make a WoW movie ever since pre BC, now I have the software and hardware to do it I need a little help/clarification

This is the problem I have....

I'm in the middle of making a WoW pvp Movie, I've finished the intro and am very happy with it.
As a test I put in 2 pvp clips in to mess about with effects. In the preview window in Sony Vegas the movie runs really nice and smooth so I decided to render it to see what the final outcome could look like.

So the movie is rendered (took about 45mins to render 2mins of footage + a song) I open it up in windows media player and the quality is very good, the only problem is when it gets to the pvp scenes it gets very choppy/laggy as if the fps has dropped to like 10fps.

I play in a 1680x1050 resolution on a 22" widescreen monitor, I have set fraps to record full size at 30fps.
I have Sony Vegas Pro 8 (trial) and set the preview box to 1680x1050 as well. When im frapsing while pvping its at a constant 30fps and I have no problems. I save all my fraps movies to an external HDD that has nothing on it except wow recordings.

I don't understand why when the movie is rendered it is choppy in the pvp scenes, is it something wrong with my render settings? I will say that when it was rendering I did other things on my pc (listened to music and watched some movies) could this affect the rendering process?

My set up is:
AMD Athlon64 x2 5800+ 2.8Ghz
Nvidia 8800 GTS 256
2Gb RAM
2x 250 HDD + 1TB external HHD

I'm wondering since i'm frapsing in a very high resolution at full size I need to lower my rendering settings?

Any help would be hugely appriciated

I up loaded my movie to filefront but when you view the streaming in filefront the whole movie is lagging

http://files.filefront.com/first+pal.../fileinfo.html

p.s I just realized I think I may of posted this in the wrong section, sorry
Nev132 is offline   Reply With Quote