WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #21
ante16
Initiate

ante16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome, Thanks for all the advices hug!
ante16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #22
zarox9a
Initiate

zarox9a is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work
zarox9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:04 AM   #23
mdjh
Banned

mdjh is unknown at this point
thanks for the great effort, so that people have no need to work it out like sweatily.
mdjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #24
Cetrus
Initiate

Cetrus is an unknown quantity at this point
I love this guide, and everything in it!
It's awesome for me as a new movie-maker to read, thanks alot!
Not only that you are helping me creating a movie, but you are also giving me the power to actually sumbit one on the site. I have been thinking "Maybe other people will think I suck?" or "Maybe they don't like my video?" I enjoy my video myself, and as you said if I can get 1 single person happy from wathing it, I'm willing to put it up! Look out for a movie from my paladin showing up here soon, I'm rendering as I write this!

Thanks ALOT for this guide!

// Cetrus
Cetrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #25
Ceebo
Initiate

Ceebo is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice post, but im still a little confused. I have a 10 min long vid here wich i made form the highest bit rate seting on sip soft game recorder then edidted and published with windows movie maker.

I tried uploading one copy witch i published on version ''for best playback on this machine'' it got turnd down from wowmovies as the quality was not good enuf?

now i published in a difrent setting wich put the mb up from 200 to 230 (highest i could get that was under the mb per min ratio) im hopinh this is a better quality and will be accepted but if not can you tell me what i should do?
Ceebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #26
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceebo View Post
Nice post, but im still a little confused. I have a 10 min long vid here wich i made form the highest bit rate seting on sip soft game recorder then edidted and published with windows movie maker.

I tried uploading one copy witch i published on version ''for best playback on this machine'' it got turnd down from wowmovies as the quality was not good enuf?

now i published in a difrent setting wich put the mb up from 200 to 230 (highest i could get that was under the mb per min ratio) im hopinh this is a better quality and will be accepted but if not can you tell me what i should do?
When you make a movie, watch it.

If you have any doubts on the quality or anything, then so would moderators who approve movies.... They actually watch them too!

10 minutes @ 200-230 MB sounds about right for decent/good quality. Sorry I know this was a delayed response but life's kept me busy, and hopefully it will help answer someone elses questions in the future.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #27
likki
Initiate

likki is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah I'm also wondering how can this be done?
likki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
Sarfariel
Initiate

Sarfariel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your guide, Vandalist, it's very helpful and easy to read. I got some new features from your guide and will certainly take them into account

However, your guide wasn't full. You did describe how to make your movie perfect, but you didn't show (especially helpful for newcomers) some details. For example, you said "Put all of your setting to Max and go rendering". A bit exaggerated, but it is like this.
People should always consider the balance between quality and size before rendering. Because if you set your resolution to lets say 1680x1050 and set your Quality (in the rendering template options) to 90 (if you use .WMV format) then the size of your even 10-minutes-movie will be terribly high.

You shouldn't be afraid of making your movie of the lower quality, because thus it lowers its size a lot. Believe me, the difference in quality is slightly seen, whereas the size is way smaller. Anyways, it's you who choose which option to give preference to - the size or the quality.

In addition, I wanted to say that if you recorded your raw footage in E.G. 800x600 resolution, never ever make your movie's resolution higher, E.G. 1024x768, 'cause it will only lower the quality of the movie, but will surely increase the size.

That's what I wanted to say, sry for any grammar mistakes if there are any. The rest of your guide is VERY useful and thank you once again.

/gone to see ur movies
Sarfariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #29
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Thanks

And about quality, higher quality does make all the difference. Were on a movie website here... It's the year 2009 and in this day and age a majority of gamers have Cable/dsl or some type of medium/high speed internet. With this type of speed, paired up with live streams... size should never worry anyone. I'd watch a movie thats 500mb and only 5 minutes.. because I can just click live stream and start watching, the size doesn't matter and won't interrupt me.

56kers might not enjoy as much.. but then again can 56kers even play wow?

just my thoughts
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #30
Sarfariel
Initiate

Sarfariel is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, it really depends on people. Exactly - on people's computers. For instance my hard drive is unfortunately not as big as I wish it to be That's why I always care about the size of the movie, although I really appreciate those ones, made of good quality and recorded in high resolution (Krymu, Boneshock etc)
Sarfariel is offline   Reply With Quote