WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
paddycake
Initiate

paddycake is unknown at this point
Is there any other Video Editor that can import .avis?

So far I am using Windows Movie Maker to import the .avi files that GameCam and Fraps makes when its done shooting.

The problem is, is that Windows Movie Maker crashes, just because it wants to. Why? I don't know, I havn't installed anything else recently. When I add even the most basic video effects, or add a title onto a clip in my movies, it locks up, and I lose all my unsaved work. It does this after restarts, and minutes after I start working, it'll start locking up again.

Tried different ideas, because I have iMovie on my MacBook, but it won't import .avi, so I had to convert it. But after converting it, the clips I was trying to edit was full of macroblock errors and lousy compression.

Is there any Windows-compatible video editors out there, preferably with no fees attached, that I can use to edit my movies, and CAN import .avis without going through hassles?

On second thought, i'm just going to buy IShowU for Mac OS X, and just play the game and tape it using entirely my Mac OS X partition. Everything costs money on a Mac, but it'll work. I mean, IShowU's output has to be importable into iMovie. I only use my Windows XP side of my MacBook only because I havn't found a Mac alternative yet.

That means I must reshoot all my scenes again, and that'll be difficult to find more opportunities to shoot them while playing.

Last edited by paddycake : 05-29-2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
paddycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
godliest

godliest is notable
Regarding the Windows Movie Maker problem I can only tell you I experienced the same thing. I just had to save often and hope for luck.

Regarding editing programs, just click. Scroll down a bit and you will see some free video editors. For Microsoft.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Last edited by godliest : 05-30-2007 at 12:59 PM.
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote