WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Zaxoin
Initiate

Zaxoin is an unknown quantity at this point
Video and Audio problems - Sony Vegas 8 issues

Hey there

I have recently made a complete reset of my computer (since it had some software errors and generally working very slow, getting overheated very fast etc etc.)
So now, my Sony Vegas 8 was also meant to be re-uploaded. Now I don't know what has gone wrong, since I don't remember this being an issue ever before, but apparently my video-files that I have frapsed from WoW can no longer give any sort of Video stream (???) which means I can still pull it into Sony Vegas, but I can't put it in the video track.

No only does that confuse me, but WMV files, that I have rendered for easier editing and less space requirements, seem to get through just fine even with audio.

Unlike my MP.4. files. These files is actually real life recordings of some friends of mine, and I would like to make a movie, and here I can actually see the video, but I don't have any audio connected to this?

These files works perfectly in Windows Media Player, which makes me conclude that this is some kind of very weird setting in Sony Vegas 8. Does anyone know or have any advice on how to fix this?

Fast response would be very helpful!
Zaxoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
MingoDynasty

MingoDynasty is unknown at this point
By reset I assume you mean format. Chances are you simply haven't installed any audio/video codecs yet. Go download the K Lite Codec pack and you should have all the codecs you'll ever need for playback.

Fraps uses its own FPS1 codec so you'll have to reinstall fraps to view your fraps videos.

Also, if you have an overheating problem, a reformat will not solve it. Depending on what is overheating, you should probably pop open your computer and take a look inside. Whatever it is, you probably don't want it that component to overheat/melt otherwise it'll probably fuck up your pc.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Zaxoin
Initiate

Zaxoin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Mingo. First of all I would just like to thank you for your quick response and advice.

I have already downloaded the K Lite Codec pack, but it still doesn't seem to be working with the MP4 files. Re-downloading fraps solved my problem in Vegas concerning my frapsed material, so thanks alot for that.

About the overheating, it's normally not a problem while rendering and running alot of programs, but as soon as I open WoW, it becomes the problem. I have no idea why, but it seems that it only 'overheats' when I'm playing WoW.

So when using alot of my computers memory and power, it seems that it can't take it. And it should be able to pull WoW since I did not have these kind of problems before, and I've have this computer for a couple of years.

But just so you know, my computer is not (oh for fucks sake, what this called..) stationary? It's like erh.. Hard drive, you know. External easy transportable computer.
I'm normally quite good at english but erh, yeah...

Thanks for your help though. Should I go have my computer tjecked out by the pro's? I'm not much for opening up a (in my language it's called a 'bærbar' computer) since I'm afraid of fucking up the system in a bad way.

Regards Zax
Zaxoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
MingoDynasty

MingoDynasty is unknown at this point
I thought you said your MP4 files were working fine? Nonetheless, check the codec used for your mp4 files by using a program like GSpot. Also, when installing KLite, make sure you installed using "Lots of Stuff", so you get everything you could possibly need.

Your laptop (I'm assuming it's a laptop now) is probably overheating when playing WoW due to your graphics card. It seems reasonable because Sony Vegas does not use gfx power but WoW does.

Get a temperature monitoring program like Rivatuner or Speedfan to check the temps of your system. If some temps are unreasonably high, I'd suggest getting your laptop checked out.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
donaldjeo
Initiate

donaldjeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Sony Vegas 8 issues

I think you have a hardware combination that Vegas doesn't like.
If I were in your shoes I think I would pull one of the Xeon chips out and see if you can get Vegas to run on just one chip.
As I have never had a dual processor machine I don't quite know how you would re-do the OS to run on just one. A BIOS setup?
I know that on the Single Zeon or Pent Pro you could disable/disable the multi-processor through hardware manager.

You haven't given much info as to error codes. Are there any bodies in the Event Log? Check system and application log. (Rt click My Computer | Manage | event logs.
And, what happens when you try to run Vegas ? Crash PC (BSOD)hang, shows nothing?
Go into Task Mgt (CTRL-ALT-DEL) Processes and click the CPU to see is anything Vegas like is running.
Are there any warning errors in H/W Mgr?

What happens if you try using a different sound card?
You need to try to do stuff that will make something different happen.