WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #21
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
yes, and blizzard's answer to fixing the balance is doubling HP every expansion and adding in resilience and probably other major survivability stats/gear with next one... they can simply balance the few overpowered classes instead. Now many of the good video editors are quitting or rerolling, and many of the top arena rogues in general are rerolling.

The effect this has on videos is obvious though, 1v2+ becomes impossible to do unless you're against very undergeared and terrible opponents, so people will complain about it and underrate based on that. The only way to get clips vs good opponents is setup 1v1 fights/duels that aren't nearly as editable/fun to watch and sometimes last forever.

But I think it really comes down to the way people view videos. Too many want to see only "BEST FIGHTS VS BEST POSSIBLE OPPONENTS IN THE WORLD" and don't even care for editing/pacing/etc. I myself never understood this huge fascination with "skill" because it's nothing that I can't do; yes, fun to see it once but I wouldn't become fanatical about it to the point where I'd go around downrating well-edited videos because of the opponents being bad. The real stuff that makes videos is the editing and sync with the music, which nowadays is respectively nonexistant (editing) and way overused (music choice).
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #22
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
I really don't want to boast, but I think that I am a very exceptional player. But the only thing that hinders me is the lag I get. I see movies like Chrilles movies where he can shift into bear form and INSTANTLY charge. I have to wait at least 3 seconds for Furor to kick in, before I can cast. It is horrendous. I think that if I had no lag, I would have no difficulty killing people.

I already kill people in full gladiators/bt gear, I can only imagine what it would be like with no lag.

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #23
Z.x

what's your ping? I play at 150-200 sometimes <100 and it's not much of a problem... the biggest factor that limits my 'reaction time' is the GCD, but there's no way around that.

My rerolled PvP char is on an oceanic server and alot of people from Aus/etc there complain about high ping, initially I didn't even know that server was in the US too. Friend of mine told me to roll my mage there so I did. Lame thing for Blizz to not put the server at the proper location; maybe they don't want to pay additional costs to do that or something.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 AM   #24
Z.x

anyway, about the original topic. Ugh, I'm pretty sick of typical overused pvp videos. Planning out my next video while leveling, when my mage gets some gear I'll start filming etc, and it's going to be a mix of music/pvp/cool scenes with high quality editing...and more than just WoW. Probably an FPS and other games mixed in (secret for now) with footage of me pwning noobz and cutscenes/movie scenes from multiple games. It will be a 'PvP' version of the 'Unlimited Escapism' type of videos...something like that.

Didn't want to say this publically but maybe a few people out there will like this kind of idea and also attempt to make something like that. For the sake of adding spice to the boredom that PvP videos have become.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #25
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
My ping sits at around 400-500. My internet connection is very good.

It sucks, I have no problem with GCD's or any reaction problems, its just my ping qq

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote