WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Requests and Movie Ideas
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Valgarithos

Valgarithos is unknown at this point
Our Legend

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for my movie.

Atm my clan is slowly dieing out and i want to make a film to honor those who were with us and those who stick around.

for some reason im looking at a 4 to 6 parter >.> is this over doing it cause i have some grand epical ideas for it.
Valgarithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Erunno
Hall of Fame member

Erunno is unknown at this point
Hmmm... Maybe you could do it like a "music-video" in sephia or... you make s slow story of how your clan gets assasinated one after one, getting killed in a battle or just falling apart because of a high member dying...etc.

Think of a scene like that (lets assume you are on the horde):
Its a cold night and a small party of warlords meet in a cavern. One of them looks like the leader of the party turns to the others and starts listening to the reports of something (a war, the economical/military yadda, yadda standing in the horde) when some of the members start complaining about it, and that ends up with a small fight and a dead leader. After that accident the other "officers" start presuading the other members of joining them and not the other ones and how that leads to the fall of the clan.
Erunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
Valgarithos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erunno View Post
Hmmm... Maybe you could do it like a "music-video" in sephia or... you make s slow story of how your clan gets assasinated one after one, getting killed in a battle or just falling apart because of a high member dying...etc.

Think of a scene like that (lets assume you are on the horde):
Its a cold night and a small party of warlords meet in a cavern. One of them looks like the leader of the party turns to the others and starts listening to the reports of something (a war, the economical/military yadda, yadda standing in the horde) when some of the members start complaining about it, and that ends up with a small fight and a dead leader. After that accident the other "officers" start presuading the other members of joining them and not the other ones and how that leads to the fall of the clan.
Ooooo I like this hehe cept i need to stretch it into a 30 min video. Thanks and yes It is for the horde! The only problem i have with music videos is that i gotta look out for copy right infringements unless someone can give me a break down of copyright loops 101.

aside from knowing that if a band's music isn't being sold in one country there is a loop hole of using it in that country that doesn't have it.

Last edited by Valgarithos : 03-20-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Valgarithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
Erunno
Hall of Fame member

Erunno is unknown at this point
Or you download Mywarcraftstudio and find some fitting music thats in-game.
Erunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
godliest

godliest is notable
Bleh, just get the Lord of the rings music, it contains nearly all music for all different purposes. Not sure if it's free tho.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
Valgarithos

I bought the lotr cds a long time ago and have them burnt onto my computer. I'm only worried about being sued for using that kind of music for this, like if i was nominated to win some award wouldn't i get sued then!

erm hehe.

Also im at a writers block. So far half of the clan has gathered for the meeting in which all three chieftains are attending. This is very strange because not once in many years has three chieftains of the clan ever met in one place. There are 3 chieftans for political reasons as well as if anything was to ever happen.

So i got one chieftan here yet im at a mental block where i can't think of any events to transpire before the other two arrive.

already plotted out the first fight scene as well as the second (Hehe i added human readneck hunters who are crazy, obviously.)

I'm just wondering if i was to use a certain type of fight music from a video game what kind of trouble would i get into?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
godliest

godliest is notable
So far it seems pretty fine to steal... Ofc I don't say that it's good, but with the thought that I don't think any person who creates WoW PvP Movies has bought the rights to use the song and as the movie isn't used for commercial purpose I don't suppose it's dangerous.

If you have bought the CD with the song/music u use I suppose it's pretty much OK, but someone else can always back me up on this statement...

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #8
Valgarithos

Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
So far it seems pretty fine to steal... Ofc I don't say that it's good, but with the thought that I don't think any person who creates WoW PvP Movies has bought the rights to use the song and as the movie isn't used for commercial purpose I don't suppose it's dangerous.

If you have bought the CD with the song/music u use I suppose it's pretty much OK, but someone else can always back me up on this statement...
Well can you describe what commercial purposes include?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #9
godliest

godliest is notable
I suppose u need some sort of acceptance if ur gonna actually sell ur movie for real money. Which I ofc suppose u wont, but I'm still not sure. And if u have bought the CD I suppose u also have the rights to use it.

Albert Einstein Quotes
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
Valgarithos

My cousin says i should get a second hard drive? how effective would that be with some extra ram, i was looking over my compy and i got like 612 megs of ram.