WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Deathsreturn

Deathsreturn is unknown at this point
What class are you tired of seeing in PvP videos?

All you see now is mage, rogue, and fury warriors. The occasional warlock. But you rarely see any Shammy, Priest ( it's posssible ) pally and you see some hunter videos. The three you see the most are the ones that hit hard, fast, and usually crit often. I just wish people could be a lil more original.
Deathsreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
Hamps
Hall of Fame member

Hamps is unknown at this point
Mage, Rogue, and Warrior do make for good pvp movies though, It's just impressive seeing fast paced movement and big numbers, sure it's over done but still it's fun to watch. I've seen some good priest videos though, the editing was good, the fights were good but I just don't get drawn into the video by a big heal or something y'know ?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:24 AM   #3
Woofer14123

Woofer14123 is unknown at this point
Here's what i think:
shammans are too over powered, 1shotted clothees..u really wana see that? or geared ones that crit with chained lightning for 2k... 2 shot anything below 5k hp, plate or cloth... and priests: the fights are 100% same. you dot, you fear you mindflay/mind blast. ever seen those classes use greandes? hell no... it would be too different!

You want to see pally vids? in 5 mins they can kill 2 people with every cooldown in the game and then some, no ty ppl usually don't download them. Warlocks, i would appreciate to see more but it requires very precise clips to be actaully effective, the locsk that are specced/geared to crit for 4k with shadowbolts don't get much attention because it's been done in raids... LOTS, and if they don't get the crits they get raped cuz they can't get out of stuns. With the wrong pet out, they're helpless (or deathcoil - against alliance at least), so same thing warlock vids will be most likely similar as well, There were some that used stuff like immolate conflag/then mezz etc, but it doens't do JACK TO UNDEAD.... and shadowburning every fight is something people get dissapointed by because warlock is a dueling class, and if they burn everything, no class can win in a fair fight. As far as druid... come on man they can't kill shit unless it's cloth, either that or it's a I CAN OUT HEAL YOU LOLLOL fight... nobody cares about true skill ne more on warcraftmovies.com

Ever noticed how they have 3 sections for OTHER stuff (aka FRICKING EDITING) and 1 for the actual content (skills)? My movie was pretty much IGNORED because it had crappy editing http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=29410 check it out, it probably has the crappiest editing of all mage vids, even ppl with 200 spell dmg did a better job to fit the clips with the music etc...

Sorry to say but nobody gives "skill" another look because it's been done before, etc. seeing another 15 mins of a vid just to say "yeah, you're good" and leaving a 5 hurts them... Instead they want to be entertained! they want goosebumps when the movie starts and want to be completely seduced by the editing/music and make them want to replay some of the parts and then have the movie leave some images inside their heads. Then they give a 5 and it also gets a golden star for having the advertising of warcraftmovies.com and viola, 23k downloads in the first 3 days
Woofer14123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
Mobywan
Hall of Fame member

Mobywan is unknown at this point
I hate seeing movies with bad editing covered up with shit music..
Mobywan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Ohyi
Initiate

Ohyi is unknown at this point
Since you don't see shaman movies pretty often, i just uploaded mine: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=29862
Ohyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #6
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
Shamans can 1shot clothies? Wow what're you smoking? Maybe a shaman with naxx/aq gear buffed/trinketed up against a naked cloth class. But that's exagguration to the fullest. I have a geared shaman who can crit 2k with lightning, but that doesn't mean that it's 100% that he'll 2-3 shot everything in his path.

Personally I think there needs to be more shaman movies, but in terms of shaman movies, once you've seen sham's, and vashaman's, unbreakable movies as well as a few others, you've seen it all in terms of ability/content. What else is there more to see? You're just going to see a shaman dropping totems, healing themselves, either casting shocks/lightning or autoattack with rockbiter/windfury weapon with a 2h weapon. It's quite linear. Same with pallies, when you've seen one, you've seen it all. I guess that's the appeal with various mage/rogue movies, although the content is somewhat predictable after awhile, whether it be a cb/prep rogue, a elemental mage or whatever, sometimes someone brings something new to the table or plays it differently so that it doesn't seem the same. As much as I like warrior videos, it too is in the same class of repetition as shamans/pallies. Whether it's dw fury, or MS, despite being them gimped against ranged classes who can kite. It's also quite dull after awhile. Laintime really set the standard of skill of what warriors need to be, I doubt anyone can ever take that away from him.

Last edited by yoshi245 : 10-19-2006 at 03:46 PM.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #7
Ohyi
Initiate

Ohyi is unknown at this point
you can show some fun things or nice fights or some group pvp
Ohyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #8
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
I'd say I'm quite tired of 30minutes high crit with cutting scene right after the killing blow when you see ~2 enemies inbound. I'm not tired watching any class in particular but I do like to see some more druid movies, they bring fun way of fighting to the table.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
kiahann

kiahann is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohyi View Post
Since you don't see shaman movies pretty often, i just uploaded mine: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=29862

Watched the video one of the best shaman movies in a long time great job!
kiahann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
Daghur

Daghur is unknown at this point
I'd love to see more Shaman videos. Always loved that class, but I never felt motivated enough to lvl one to 60, so I watch movies of them instead
Unfortunately there aren't many good ones out there.

So get to work all your shamans!

EDIT: Excellent work on that movie btw Ohyi!
Daghur is offline   Reply With Quote