WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
omgwtfhaha
Initiate

omgwtfhaha is unknown at this point
Official Announcement: Areou

Hello folks,

I have released the few pvp videos with the aid of others wanting them. They are great, and well they look awesome.

They should be uploaded soon by the Authors as I am awaiting there final approval on the DVD's I have sent them.. Maybe by the end of the month they will upload them.

Ok ok, so thats not the huge announcement. If people have been around these boards long enough, they will remember the thread about making a REALLY REALLY long full length movie. One with action, drama, and talent. One will enough potential to keep the user interested in the whole movie.

Areou'.

I am pleased to announce Areou', the first full length World of Warcraft movie. It features a hefty 82 voice actors, over 410GB of movie shot/edditted and sound/music remixed.

There was another thread that was talking about making a full length film, which I have posted on a few months back. I am very very happy to announce that the movie is on track, is finished shooting, editing and well on its way to be hemmed up. I am awaiting a few emails on this to figure out what a few other machinima artist think of it.

I actually have a few questions for you all first.

1) Would you download the whole movie. Because of the size and length/quality of the movie it comes in at a whopping 5.9GB of space. I have already started a upload to a server which will stream the movie via chapters (thank you Ch0w) but I want to offer a full length download.

2) Would you consider buying a DVD? It would cost only 2-3$ pending on how much intrest, so I can buy the DVD's and cases.

3) Would you actually watch, or would you prefer mini releases?

Incase you want to see a small teaser trailer click there

Anyways, look for Areou' coming to Warcraftmovies.com here in the very very near future!

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Skuddle/video/1343403/Areou

See you soon..

PVP:
Horroz:[|||||||||||____53%]
Asphyxiate:[||||||||______48%]
Jaccob:[|||||||||||||||92%]

Music:
Endless Road:[ planning/rough sketch]
Kill you: [final renditions]

Series:
Bombards [88% Recording sounds now]

Last edited by omgwtfhaha : 06-23-2007 at 01:02 AM.
omgwtfhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
1) I'd download that for sure, even if it would take me a huge amount of time.
2) Watch you don't profit on the DVD's! I'm sure that just covering the shipping costs wouldn't be so bad though, as long as the content was free.
3) Of course I'd watch it! =D
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
soosisti

soosisti is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfhaha View Post

1) Would you download the whole movie. Because of the size and length/quality of the movie it comes in at a whopping 5.9GB of space. I have already started a upload to a server which will stream the movie via chapters (thank you Ch0w) but I want to offer a full length download.

2) Would you consider buying a DVD? It would cost only 2-3$ pending on how much intrest, so I can buy the DVD's and cases.

3) Would you actually watch, or would you prefer mini releases?

1) Why 5.9gb (aiming for 4.3gb would be better, people could burn it to DVD)? I don't think I would download anything that big sized. Please consider giving an alternative downloadable version, for example a 1h 30min movie will look good enough in 700 - 1400mb (two-pass XViD for example).

2) Maybe - first I wanna see the movie.

3) Surely I would watch it, just out of pure interest. There are not that many full-length WoW machinimas out there (Rise of The Living Dead is currently the only one?)

The mini-releases could work too considering the big size you mentioned. People are 'lazy' and not many have interest in downloading a 5.9gb movie.

"WTF? plz stop and get a life !"
-Comment on Unlimited Escapism vol. 2 by Xah

Blog @ http://www.baronsoosdon.com
(Latest ramblings and information about my upcoming movies.)

IRC - #machinima @ Quakenet
Newbies and pros are welcome!
soosisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
godliest

godliest is notable
1. I may download the whole movie, as long as I'm a premium member. It all depends on editing and such. I'm not very enjoyed by PvP anymore, but if editing is good I may consider downloading and watching it.

2. No.

3. I would maybe watch it. Depends on editing and so on, and how much time I got.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
Sounds really intersting, but I have to admit, that I would not download such a huge file.

Why not bringing it out as a serial (instead of chapters), with, say, one part a week..?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 AM   #6
omgwtfhaha
Initiate

omgwtfhaha is unknown at this point
I have decided to split into several chapters. Right now re-edits of where to leave off and where to start again are going to be pushed in the next few weeks when I return from vacation. (military).

So should be here as chapters in the next month. Check back for more :-)

PVP:
Horroz:[|||||||||||____53%]
Asphyxiate:[||||||||______48%]
Jaccob:[|||||||||||||||92%]

Music:
Endless Road:[ planning/rough sketch]
Kill you: [final renditions]

Series:
Bombards [88% Recording sounds now]
omgwtfhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:08 AM   #7
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Can you also make a compiled version? I would much rather have it all at once. Now as far as hosting it on our website I do suggest it being in parts.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote