WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #1
caulktok
Initiate

caulktok is unknown at this point
how do i freeze part of my video

with sony vegas 8 platinum? i saw someoen's guide to doing it with sony vegas but it must have been a different version of vegas and i can't figure it out =(
caulktok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
purelucj
Initiate

purelucj is unknown at this point
screenshot?
purelucj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Hacky
Hall of Fame member

Hacky is unknown at this point
To do that, right click on the movie clip, select 'Insert/Remove Envelope -> Velocity' now you can click dots and drag etc the bar, to do anything you like to the speed/frames/time/speed/direction of the movie clip. So now you can for example set the velocity to -100% in two places, then make a 'split' there, then drag that section really long with Ctrl + drag, and that will make that frame 'freez' like it's a screen grab.

If you get stuck and you need to be talked through it completely just let me know, PM me on the forum (it will email me then so I see it coz I only check this forum once per 6 months or so!)

Tam.

edit - shit, k ignore that, don't PM me I will never see it, the email on this forum is LONG since dead and I can't change it because I have no idea wtf my password is so if it ever forgets it I can't even get back into this account because I won't be able to do a retrieve password coz the email is dead, and I can't change the email coz I don't know the password either, catch22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe so just reply here and prey I see it I guess.

Last edited by Hacky : 07-28-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Hacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 AM   #4
Gnomechewer
Hall of Fame member

Gnomechewer is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacky View Post
To do that, right click on the movie clip, select 'Insert/Remove Envelope -> Velocity' now you can click dots and drag etc the bar, to do anything you like to the speed/frames/time/speed/direction of the movie clip. So now you can for example set the velocity to -100% in two places, then make a 'split' there, then drag that section really long with Ctrl + drag, and that will make that frame 'freez' like it's a screen grab.
awesome. i always wondered about that.
Gnomechewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:31 AM   #5
MarsJenkar
Initiate

MarsJenkar is an unknown quantity at this point
This post may state the blatantly obvious, but for some reason I feel compelled to state it.

The method outlined by Hacky works well, but if you want the video to freeze then continue, then you'll need to make a copy of the section of video after the split, and place it at the end.

You should have three sections now: The first section of video, and two copies of the second section. The first and last sections should be at normal (100%) velocity, while the middle section (the one you want to freeze) should be 0%. I use this method in my Archimonde video; the link to my videos is in my signature.

[In case you're curious, the "fade" effect I use during that section is fairly simple; it's simply a black panel that fades in, but maxes out at (I believe) about 50% opacity. It's on a layer "above" the video footage, but below that of the white text.]

MarsJenkar's Videos
MarsJenkar is offline   Reply With Quote