WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > WCM Live
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Full WCM Live Viewing FAQ

Help with watching a broadcast

What platforms and browsers are supported?

Windows XP and Vista OS; Firefox 2+ and Internet Explorer 6+

How do I install the browser plug-in?

The first time you view a live broadcast, you will be asked to install a browser plug-in from Dyyno. No other software is required.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, you will need to run the browser as Administrator to install and to use the Dyyno plug-in. Right-click on the Internet Explorer icon and select "Run as administrator" from the pop-up menu.

For Internet Explorer users:

1. Internet Explorer will show a yellow bar at the top of the page. Click on it to start the install and select "Install ActiveX Control".

2. Click on "Run" when the next alert message appears.

3. Enjoy the broadcast!

For Firefox users:

1. Firefox will show a yellow bar at the top of with the message "Firefox prevented this site (webserver.WCM Live.com) from asking you to..." Click on Edit Options.

2. A dialog box titled "Allowed Sites" will appear. Click on Allow to permit the plug-in installation.

3. A dialog box titled "Software Installation" will appear. When the plug-in has been loaded and the "Install" button is no longer grayed out, click the "Install" button.

4. Finally, a dialog box titled "Add-ons" will appear. Click the button to restart Firefox. All of your windows and tabs will be resumed where you left off.

5. Enjoy the broadcast!

How can I view the video in full screen?

To view in full-screen mode, just click on the video itself or on the full-screen icon in the lower left hand corner of the player.

How instantaneous is the live video I'm seeing?

There is 3-5 second delay between the broadcaster and the receivers.

What are those gray rectangles that sometimes pop up during a broadcast?

For privacy, broadcasters can hide all applications other than the one they are broadcasting. When a broadcaster is broadcasting in this mode, viewers see other application windows as gray rectangles. If you are watching a broadcast and see one of these gray rectangles covering the action, it is because the broadcaster is running in this mode and has switched applications, bringing an application that is not broadcasted to the top.

I see a message that says UDP is blocked, why can't I connect?

If you are behind a firewall that blocks all UDP traffic, you will not be able to view a broadcast. This will be indicated on the player by the message "UDP_blocked."

I see a "Windows Security Alert," what do I do?

The first time you try to view a live broadcast, a Windows Security Alert may pop up, asking whether you wish to keep blocking WCM Live. The WCM Live plug-in must be unblocked to connect to a live broadcast. Click "Unblock."

My personal firewall software prevents WCM Live plug-in from running, what do I do?

If you are running personal firewall software, such as Norton 360, a message may appear asking you to allow the WCM Live plug-in to run. Click "Allow." Some personal firewall software silently blocks unknown applications. You may need to disable or reconfigure this software and reboot before viewing a live broadcast.

Can I view multiple streams simultaneously?

At this time you may view only one stream at a time.

Can I fast forward the video?

No. Broadcasted streams are live.

How do I troubleshoot if I am having problems watching a live broadcast?

Please try the following if you have problems watching a live broadcast:

• Make sure you are using 32-bit Firefox 2+ or Internet Explorer 6+ on Windows XP or Vista with Microsoft updates.

• Check that you are watching a broadcast that has not ended (an error message will appear if the broadcast has ended).

• Check that you are not behind firewall or security programs (Windows Firewall, ZoneAlarm, Sygate, etc) that blocks WCM Live plug-in- "dppm.exe." If this is the case, try disabling the program to troubleshoot.

• Check you have a successful UDP connection. Download and run this test utility to check compatibility.

• Check you have adequate network bandwidth available to play the stream (at least 200 kp/s).

• Try both Internet Explorer & Firefox browsers (not Beta versions).

• Turn off any file sharing programs, such as bitorrent.

• Check your Internet Explorer or Firefox security options are not set too high.

• Make sure you are not watching a live video that already has the maximum viewer count of 50.

• Remove the WCM Live plug-in and install a new one. To remove the plug-in, use our Cleaner file. Download and extract this zip file to your desktop, close all applications and windows including your browser, and double click (on Vista right click and choose ‘Run as administrator’). Once you've run the Cleaner file, the WCM Live plug-in files will be removed. Start a new broadcast to go through the new plug-in installation process.

• Make sure you are not using a 64-bit version of Firefox or Internet Explorer browser. Clean the plugin (see above bullet) and try again with the 32-bit version of your browser.

I am using IE8 and I am having trouble installing the plug-in. What can I do?
All you have to do is catch the yellow-bar at the top of the IE window and click on it. You can then opt to install the ActiveX Control and restart the browser.
Closed Thread