WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
Incubuss
Initiate

Incubuss is unknown at this point
A question about encoding.

Hello! First of all thank you for posting numerous helpful threads. I won't say I'm sure this question hasn't been answered, but at least I couldn't find it.

So ok, I've got the following problem: I've read Thira's Encoding guide on wwmovies.com, and while really helpful for a newb like me, I am stuck at a little problem - My encoded movie has an okish quality, but the size can't be full screened. Means that even when i'm on full screen mode on some video player the movie will be displayed just in the middle and not on the whole monitor. I'm wondering is there a fix of that?

The fraps'd material was recorded at 1024x768 and I tried to start my project (in Vegas) at 640x512 and 800x600 to see if that would change anything ( I have no clue), but the final video had the same bulk. Half the screen was black and just a part of it was the actual movie.

What I want is, if possible ofcourse, to make the movie be bigger when you watch it, and possibly with no quality loss (which sounds unlikely even to a newb like me x.x).

Thanks in advance!

Incubuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
Try: pixel aspect ratio should be 1.0, and on video event pan/crop make sure the options "Maintain aspect ratio" and "Resize to fill frame" are both set to Yes.

Btw, I'd highly recommend to not change the resolution; 1024x768 is very good, do not downsize it, that will not only lower the res but also make your video look blurry. Keep it 1024x768 and render at around 3.5M-4M bitrate.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote