WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #21
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
WoW will be like UO, around for 20 years. Heck UO is still kicking and it still remains fun.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:53 AM   #22
Raziel243
Initiate

Raziel243 is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalist View Post
Okay so I've been reading around the net for a while, and i've been hesitant to post this because I wasn't sure it was true, until I asked blizzard myself in an e-mail.... and after a few weeks.. got a response.

From what I've read from websites and articles by blizzard and from what this e-mail kinda says..., World of Warcraft is only being supported by blizzard until mid-late 2008 or so. After that, they don't plan to do any other heavy updates on World of Warcraft. The reason for this is because they are putting their full efforts into a new game that is coming out around the same time, although I am still trying to figure out the name of the game or what type of game it is....

Anyways, I'm wondering if WoW is still worth it.. We give all our time, efforts, as well as $15+ a month ($16.23 for me lol), and for what? ::

1) Were all already 70 I assume.... cant level up anymore
2) We've all conquered every battleground.
3) We've all gotten our reputations to a satisfying point (for the most part).
4) We can't gear up much more than we are now.... Not really if you think about it.

In my opinion, the game is beaten... We've all beaten it, time and time again. The expansion came out, and we conquered that too. The fact of the point is, that this game is actually lacking content. Blizzard has always had incredible/amazing games, but been slow to update them.... So I guess i'm considering pulling the plug on WoW.....

any opinions?
Wow...that is complete and total BS, unless you actually have the email that Blizzard themselves have sent you to prove it.

Why would Blizzard stop supporting a game that has given them more money than God? WoW has the Wrath of the Lich King coming up, and after that they can do the Emerald Dream, as well as focus on the Naga. So WoW still has at least 2 more years of new content ahead of it.

And people who say that all of the lore has been covered need to realize that just because the lore from the past 3 games has been covered, that doesn't mean that players have experienced every event in the history of Azeroth.
Also, people seem to be forgetting that Blizzard WRITES their own lore. This isn't a movie license people. Blizzard can always write more lore and expand the universe if they need to. Stop thinking on such a shallow level.
Raziel243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #23
E-Jay
Initiate

E-Jay is unknown at this point
I doubt they will just cut WoW, this is their main source of income.

They still have many, many, many expansions to release and many possibilities for new content, if lore is a problem they can just make it up.

Played WoW since feb 05 and I've never got bored, not once, I love this game and I won't stop playing anytime soon.
E-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #24
kiahann

kiahann is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Jay View Post
I doubt they will just cut WoW, this is their main source of income.

They still have many, many, many expansions to release and many possibilities for new content, if lore is a problem they can just make it up.

Played WoW since feb 05 and I've never got bored, not once, I love this game and I won't stop playing anytime soon.
I'm sure unless blizzard makes another Mmorpg that tops WoW, WoW will always be there main source of income atleast untill it dies which I think WoW will be around as long as EQ is. But games like Star craft 2 that is coming out and the new expansion i wouldn't be surprise if they make a WoW 2 in the future.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #25
TehDocc
Initiate

TehDocc is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure if people have already seen this or not, but.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=31492
TehDocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #26
Magenor
Initiate

Magenor is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW will never ends!
Magenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:07 AM   #27
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
I almost quit wow after that post. Giving wow one last shot I gquit my old guild and joined a better one. Ever since then We cleared all of TK, SSC, the first 3 hyjal bosses, and teh first 4 BT bosses... we are smokin! And I'm having so much fun exploring the new instances... <3
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #28
zirdak
Initiate

zirdak is unknown at this point
10mio players, I don't think this game is going down just now, but personally I think WoW lack a lot and the support is poor... Lately I've been playing Eve Online and it's a very nice game too.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #29
Roberto93
Initiate

Roberto93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive always wanted to make a pvp video, when ive done that im done with wow. Maybe ill buy some playtime when wrath of the lich king comes out to check out all the new leet stuff.
Roberto93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #30
Delanish
Initiate

Delanish is unknown at this point
Well i play WOW and WOW will not End

Blizzard has Accouned they release of the next expansion November, my goal is to get either my Hunter or Mage to 70 and raiding before hand.
Delanish is offline   Reply With Quote