WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
WoW Coming to an end - still worth it to play?

Okay so I've been reading around the net for a while, and i've been hesitant to post this because I wasn't sure it was true, until I asked blizzard myself in an e-mail.... and after a few weeks.. got a response.

From what I've read from websites and articles by blizzard and from what this e-mail kinda says..., World of Warcraft is only being supported by blizzard until mid-late 2008 or so. After that, they don't plan to do any other heavy updates on World of Warcraft. The reason for this is because they are putting their full efforts into a new game that is coming out around the same time, although I am still trying to figure out the name of the game or what type of game it is....

Anyways, I'm wondering if WoW is still worth it.. We give all our time, efforts, as well as $15+ a month ($16.23 for me lol), and for what? ::

1) Were all already 70 I assume.... cant level up anymore
2) We've all conquered every battleground.
3) We've all gotten our reputations to a satisfying point (for the most part).
4) We can't gear up much more than we are now.... Not really if you think about it.

In my opinion, the game is beaten... We've all beaten it, time and time again. The expansion came out, and we conquered that too. The fact of the point is, that this game is actually lacking content. Blizzard has always had incredible/amazing games, but been slow to update them.... So I guess i'm considering pulling the plug on WoW.....

any opinions?
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
kiahann

kiahann is notable
The new game that there talking about... I'm assuming is starcraft 2 there probably talking about having updates for the battle.net. Patches and ect..

Iv actually canceled my account. i'm in the same boat as you are in. I did it not regretting it although I still enjoy watching videos, and talking about WoW. I also actually read news and stuff and keep in touch with friends on the game so I know whats going on!

I can't really tell you if its worth it or not everyone has there own opinion but all games get old eventually!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
godliest

godliest is notable
I canceled my WoW account a few months ago, mostly due to boredom of the same thing over and over again. I've pretty much been cutting of more and more links to WoW, I think you could say. I'm still in the guild I was in, and I still visit Warcraftmovies.com (but that's because of the machinima) but that's about all connections I still have with WoW.

The game they are gonna release is probably Starcraft 2, as Kiahann said. I'm tired of the game, if you aren't well, then keep on playing. You haven't really played because it has a reason? You play WoW because you enjoy the game, not because you have a final goal to achieve, or you can have, it's just that the goal is always pushed forward.

Looking forward to WAR or AoC now.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
The way I see it is that all the lore has just about been released. What more can they release? I would continue playing but I lack one thing, I refuse to play solo. Friends and family is all I can stand to play with.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
uberepixx
Initiate

uberepixx is unknown at this point
I gave up WoW when the BC came out... I played till liek 65 then i was liek 'omg liek i cant be bothered need to get a life???!!!11!! one!!! 11'... Its liek N0b these days... Hunters can liek auto shoot crit 1000... thats liek DUUUDDEEE!!! X0
uberepixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
Kayru
Initiate

Kayru is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalist View Post
Okay so I've been reading around the net for a while, and i've been hesitant to post this because I wasn't sure it was true, until I asked blizzard myself in an e-mail.... and after a few weeks.. got a response.

From what I've read from websites and articles by blizzard and from what this e-mail kinda says..., World of Warcraft is only being supported by blizzard until mid-late 2008 or so. After that, they don't plan to do any other heavy updates on World of Warcraft. The reason for this is because they are putting their full efforts into a new game that is coming out around the same time, although I am still trying to figure out the name of the game or what type of game it is....

Anyways, I'm wondering if WoW is still worth it.. We give all our time, efforts, as well as $15+ a month ($16.23 for me lol), and for what? ::

1) Were all already 70 I assume.... cant level up anymore
2) We've all conquered every battleground.
3) We've all gotten our reputations to a satisfying point (for the most part).
4) We can't gear up much more than we are now.... Not really if you think about it.

In my opinion, the game is beaten... We've all beaten it, time and time again. The expansion came out, and we conquered that too. The fact of the point is, that this game is actually lacking content. Blizzard has always had incredible/amazing games, but been slow to update them.... So I guess i'm considering pulling the plug on WoW.....

any opinions?
Sounds like a wise idea... was a long time ago now wow came out... it's a good game but it all revolves around getting gear. Try something new

And about the new game they are developing I think they mean starcraft 3... which will be a big release.
Kayru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
Punchline

Punchline is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberepixx View Post
I gave up WoW when the BC came out... I played till liek 65 then i was liek 'omg liek i cant be bothered need to get a life???!!!11!! one!!! 11'... Its liek N0b these days... Hunters can liek auto shoot crit 1000... thats liek DUUUDDEEE!!! X0
o.o (Too short.)
Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
Boratt
Initiate

Boratt is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayru View Post
And about the new game they are developing I think they mean starcraft 3... which will be a big release.
You sure you don't mean Starcraft 2? Which haven't released yet

Anyway, I'm really considering "pulling the plug" on my WoW as well, it's getting boring, same thing all over again, done it all, and cba to level another toon just to get him to 70 and gear him which takes even longer to even be close to anyone else.
Got a level 70 full epic rogue and I'm getting quite tired of it, also a 70 pally, below average geared and I cba to gear it up, since people are ages ahead of that one.
Even if I was geared it wouldn't be the same feeling as I had pre-TBC, before you were covered in epics and shit.
Atm I'm really close to quittin' until Warhammer Online comes out, which will be a fresh start for me, until then I will probably enjoy being free of such games for a while, also for getting the feelin' back of it, really waitin' for it makes it more worth when it finally comes

I've heard Warhammer will be much more brutal and less cartoon-ish and "funny"-looking than WoW, which will be a big difference (I'm not saying the cartoon-ish feeling is all bad, in fact it's quite original, though change is good tbh sometimes ).. <3 gief tbh
Boratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #9
SoulReaverFo
Initiate

SoulReaverFo is an unknown quantity at this point
Now it's the Wrath of Lich King so get started to rummble!!!!
SoulReaverFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #10
Phisher
Initiate

Phisher is unknown at this point
The magic from WoW was only to be found when you did not knew everything, when you had places to explore, before it was a rush from level to level.

WoW was only playable until they removed the original honorsystem, about right before the BC-release.

I stop my billing in 17 september 2007.

Go down in your memories and time shall stand still once again for whom who remember.

Last edited by kiahann : 11-18-2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: No talking about private servers, they are against the TOS.
Phisher is offline   Reply With Quote