Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
Deathwhisper69
Initiate

Deathwhisper69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Some Sony Vegas 8 Tips please ?

Greetings mates !

I've just started making my first video. I know almost everything about Fraps and capturing. And all left is the editing part.

I would appreciate if u could give me some tips in Sony Vegas 8 and also how to use effects and transitions cause i'm really a noob in Vegas

(Something like, a flash effect used in pvp vids and a zoom in a specific area of the picture.) Any link or tip is appreciated. Thanks for reading
Deathwhisper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
deadmurloc
Initiate

deadmurloc is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwhisper69 View Post
(Something like, a flash effect used in pvp vids
Flash as in fancy? Or light flare? or a 'ting!' off a weapon? You ae gonna need to be specific if you want specific advice. Have a play with the different vid track fx (clicky icon under the pan/crop tool on the clip).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwhisper69 View Post
a zoom in a specific area of the picture.)
Can only recommend you do what i did which is read the manual (should be a PDF somewhere in the prog folder), Acrobat reader has a quite useful search function. Check out the bits on the Pan and Crop tool, that will handle all your zoom requirements as well as changing the proportions of the zoomed in image over time and even the bit zoomed in on. The next thing is just to experiment. There is no quick way to learn how to use it unfortunately, (if anyone knows of one, do share!), and no more effective way to learn than by doing.

Apologies if this isn't the answer you were looking for, but its the only useful advice i can offer.

- dm
deadmurloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Murloc's right. The best way is to learn by trying, failing and eventually doing.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Deathwhisper69
Initiate

Deathwhisper69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah got it. Well... I want the screen flash effect, like brightness going up instantly and then down again. And the zoom i think cannot be done with the pan option.

Also, in Video Event FX i dont know how to time an effect for a specific period of time in the video. Like, a Blur for 5 seconds from .... lets say 1:30 to 2:00... How can i do this ?

I also checked the pdf manual, Turned out really helpful
Deathwhisper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
deadmurloc
Initiate

deadmurloc is unknown at this point
The pan/crop tool should have a stretchable selection box around the frame, grab a corner and slide it, the image stays the same but the field you view it in changes, i.e., gets bigger or smaller, which has the opposite effect of making the image appear smaller or bigger. aka, zoom.

As for the changing effect over time, at the bottom of the FX window is the Keyframes bit. move the slider at the top along a bit and hit the + button. A new key frame diamond will appear. You can then change the video fx settings, or the pan/crop selection that will be in effect when the video clip has played to that point in the timeline. move it a bit further, create another keyframe and change the fx settings again.
Now play you sample video clip, you should get the fx changing over time to match the settings you applied at each key frame. The computer willinterpolate the missing stags between keyframes for you so you don't need to set one on each frame of the clip, just the keyframes you specify within the clip. So in your blur example, you set the fx to the level you want at the start of the effect, copy that key frame and insert it 5 seconds down the timeline, then move one frame further, make a new keyframe, and reduce the fx to nil. This should give you 5 seconds of fx at the same levels (cos you copied the keyframe) and then disappear one frame later.

If all that confused the hell out of you, the pdf has loads on keyframes.

- murl
deadmurloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 AM   #6
Ashuren
Initiate

Ashuren is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you refresh the trial of Sony Vegas, once it ends?
Ashuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 AM   #7
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
You don't - You buy it.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote