WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
revz
Initiate

revz is unknown at this point
- Problem while rendering Fraps

Hello there guys,

First time im rendering a movie, so please, bare with me...

- My rig is a Core 2 Quad with 6gb RAM and a Nvidia 7900 GTX and using Windows 7 RC1 atm.
- Got two HD: one Tere HD with two partitions (got my fraps, the files i frapsed and WoW folders on the non-OS partition) and got another HD, with 250gb, left alone, with nothing on it.

Now, the problem i encountered:

Just frapsed a yogg kill for the guild and atm, i'm done with my project on vegas and so on, so, im trying to render it on a WMV 9 customized setup, with a 1680x1052 resolution.
The problem i'm having here is that, when im about to render my movie, it just crashes at 2% saying that the program has stopped working...

The very first time i rendered (was playing wow), it crashed, second time (was playing wow) it passed 2%, was on 5% when i cancel it because i was having some breakdown in game and thought i would render it later on ....but after that, it just crashes every single time on 2%...

Now, anyone got any idea why's this happening ? Is the whole movie files in the project too long that it "bugs" vegas ? Is it the setup that i chose for it to render ?

NOTE: that I just used that resolution and that setup, but i only want full and best quality...and being this my first project, i was influenced by some "how to render in HD" vids on youtube...so, if anyone got any tips, they're all welcome !

Any tips ?

Thanks, in advance !
revz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Blueroze

Blueroze is an unknown quantity at this point
Copy your entire project time lines and paste them into a brand new (same template) sony vegas.

sometimes a .veg file will produce errors/ memory location errors due to closing it down suddenly or crashing. Copying and pasting your work into a new project normally fixes this.
Blueroze is offline   Reply With Quote