WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Otaka
Initiate

Otaka is unknown at this point
Banner's when watching Live Stream

can u please remove those hot girls banner thing?

I know its quite awesome but still for our lil bit younger people whos parents are just jerks they r quite a bad thingy.

I cant rly watch the live streams cuz our comps are close together and father likes to look what i'm doing sometimes cuz hes just an asshole and if he sees those banners he will be very mad and then i may get an "ban" from the computer. And i wouldnt like to get since i am paying of playing WoW.

Thank you.
Otaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
I am unsure about what type of banners are being displayed but I do agree that something like that would jeopardize your online experience. You can get rid of those banners also by purchasing our premium membership for only $10 for 6 months, this helps us keep this amazing site up and running as well as provide excelent download speeds.

Last edited by Valamir : 01-22-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
SnooX
Initiate

SnooX is an unknown quantity at this point
Those Banners have hoooot girls

But they refract me from watchin the movie >_>'
SnooX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 AM   #4
Switch64
Initiate

Switch64 is unknown at this point
Some of the banners nearly induce seizures... Seriously black and white flashing banners are not cool, i wouldnt be surprised if someone did actually have an epileptic seizure.

Switch64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:55 AM   #5
unska

unska is unknown at this point
Otaka, if you're father is a regular computer user, he should know that banner can sometimes be like that and that it's not up to you.
unska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
godliest

godliest is notable
I got to say I'm a bit annoyed by those banners too. The gold selling banners are OK for me, but what should these "rate hot girls" banners do on a site where u show movies about/from WoW. (I'm premium now).

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
I honestly wish I could see these so that I can relate but I still agree that banners of the sort do not belong there. I will direct the attention of the Admins here once again.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Its a little bit like choosing between the Plague or Cholera; ads with girls or WoW gold. Ideally we would not have either. I will take a look at the inventory later this week and see if we can remove some "offensive" ones.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #9
godliest

godliest is notable
I would say that on WCM there are some younger persons who visit the site and their parents may not look all that kindly on the banners with "rate hot girls", while they see "buy WoW gold" as the usual kind of marketing.

So imo, the WoW gold is better off as it doesn't feel all the bad at a warcraft site, or simply stick to the "1-70 in 1 DAY!!!!!!!!! Now you can do it!" banners. Parents who watch these won't even understand what the banner is about (not my parents anyways, they have problem to see the difference between Red Alert 2 and WoW).

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #10
Switch64
Initiate

Switch64 is unknown at this point
Well now i'm premium since.... about 45minutes ago, i get like... 30kB/s but i use a download accelerator and i get 400+ then happy.
Switch64 is offline   Reply With Quote