WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Yunlee
Initiate

Yunlee is unknown at this point
Software Problems!

I have a WoW media project for my school (yes, believe it or not =P), with no real demands for any fancy editing or showing off computer skills. Hence I'm relaying on Windows Movie Maker to get the job done.

Now, my problem is that it seems WMM isn't fond of cooperating with Windows 7. My version of WMM is really meant for W-Vista, but seems to be working (somewhat) fine anyway. However, it has some.. personality issues, to put it like that: I can import a random AVI file just fine, then select the next AVI file and face a error message saying I'm missing the required codec. I've gone into Tools - Options - checking off every box - trick, but it doesn't remove the problem. It will just randomly decide which files are good enough to be imported, and which ones that aren't. The file that got imported just fine in one go, will be facing an error message the next time. It also has a tendency to eat any sound I've editing onto the working clip when I open the project again to continue my work.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Yunlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
VaudeVillian
Initiate

VaudeVillian is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that the new Windows Live Tools comes with a new Windows Movie Maker specifically designed for Windows 7. I would recommend switching to that if you are still have issues.