WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
demontress
Initiate

demontress is an unknown quantity at this point
Couple of questions/concerns about premium. Please read!

I recently upgraded to Premium and have started to upload videos. My question is about the HQ stream. Why does it not seem to be very good quality at all? The YouTube quality seemed quite a bit better. I really can't tell a difference between premium and non. Also about the queue time. It says you get a fatser approval time and authors get to skip the queue, what do you have to do then to fall under the author category? I honestly can not tell a difference between premium and non. I also can not get a response from contacting WCM directly. Please someone answer. Thanks
demontress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Opie
Site Manager

Opie is unknown at this point
Hello!

The difference between Premium and nonpremium are much more than just Queue times. Yes, movies which have been approved and our put in our Queue list are released first. For example, when we approve a movie that was uploaded, it is synchronized throughout all our servers and then put into a Queue list. Our system will then pick X amount of movies per hour to release on our website. (Movies are not all released at the same time.) If you are a premium member, your movie gets picked for release during that hour as a higher priority over nonpremium members.

The other thing about Premium is you do not get the advertisement banner adds when viewing our site. Also, you get access to download from our fast Premium servers.

Regarding the HQ Stream, the Stream is available for everyone. Premium or nonpremium. We are currently working on our Streaming service to allow true HQ quality, so stay tuned for that!

But again, if you want to download movies in their highest quality, you, as a premium member, have access to our premium servers to download movies which do not have mirrors such as Filefront.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
demontress
Initiate

I'm not sure if you understood the part regarding queue times... it seems to be taking the same amount of time for queues on my movies as it did when I didn't have premium. Example, when I uploaded a movie as non premium it would take 2-3 days for it to be approved and out of queue and finally up. Now as premium it's still taking 2-3 days for it be approved and out of queue.

Also about the HQ it says right there on the signup page that HQ is ONLY availbe for premium members. http://warcraftmovies.com/premonly.php
I wasn't asking about the streaming all together because I've watched plenty of streamed movies before I upgraded my account. I have noticed on the forums lots of people are complaining about the same thing. There is absolutely no difference what so ever in the HQ streams and non HQ streams. I'm paying for a service I'm not even getting.

On a side note, I dunno if anyone else is having this issue as well but my virus scanner keeps picking up a "virus" from warcraftmovies.com called vux4.cn and has me abort connection. I'm not sure what it aborts because I'm able to continue browsing the site. I've contacted WCM through mail but they never ever respond to any of the mail I've sent.

Last edited by demontress : 07-26-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Opie
Site Manager

We always respond to every email sent to us, it could be a matter of your email not reaching us. The vux4.cn message you are getting might have to do with banner ads, I will forward this to Uzbeki.

Regarding the premonly.php page, the information there has not been updated yet and we will update it as soon as possible.

I will clarify the Queue once again: We have had an increase in movie uploads since the new site update. The increase has gone up about 40% or so, so queue times are a bit higher than before, therefore it's taking longer to release movies. However, as I stated above, we will up the number of movies released per hour to clear our queue quicker.

Regards.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:16 AM   #5
demontress
Initiate

Can you please clarify what I actually get with premium service then? I signed up for premium service expecting that I would be gaining what is on the premium page, with no way of knowing that the page "hadn't been updated" and that I would be gaining nothing that helps me.

If this is truly the case, I will definitely be wanting to talk to someone about a refund. Can you please clarify EXACTLY what the differences between premium and non premium members are, at this time?

As far as not getting my e-mails, I've e-mailed about 3 or 4 times now with questions and concerns through the site and have not received a response.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
Opie
Site Manager

We have updated the page: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/premonly.php

If you are wanting a Refund, again, email [email protected].