(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 PM   #13
The Bum

The Bum is unknown at this point
I tried the 14 day trial.. The game was hard in the start and i think traveling took too much time and there were only the boring delivery missions.. later in the game i got missions to kill pirates and i got better engine and stuff like that, and then it began to get fun.. and then the trial ended and i didnt want to begin a subscription
The Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Did you have the issue of ganking high level PVP groups? How was the combat system like? Like point and shoot or click and spam keys?
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
Old 10-31-2006, 03:23 PM   #15
baloo

baloo is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazimodo View Post
Did you have the issue of ganking high level PVP groups? How was the combat system like? Like point and shoot or click and spam keys?
I would say it's more point and shoot, with some strategy with different weapons/defenses where different races have different stronger and weaker points.
The game is slow and strategic with a good auction+crafting system, where I think everything you buy is made and delivered across areas by other players.

And you gain levels by time, not experience. Even when offline, where you have to choose what skill to upgrade
Old 10-31-2006, 04:10 PM   #16
DamionFury
Initiate

DamionFury is upstandingDamionFury is upstanding
baloo is correct. Alot of basic materials, ships and some basic items are available from various merchant stations across the galaxy however there's a considerably advanced player based economy. There are even player run Escrow services in the game.
Ganking isn't really much of a problem as long as you stick to higher security areas. You can see the security level of the system you are in by looking in the upper left corner where you see the name of the system and such. The tutorial is definitely long and you have to really be paying attention because it tells you things like "Select an item from a system less than 6 jumps from here" and quick blurbs about the Auto-pilot options and such. I really enjoyed it but, sadly, I don't really have the time to spend on a game like that these days. Maybe someday, and I'm definately looking forward to the graphics engine upgrade.
All posts are the express opinion of myself and do not represent the opinions of any SANE person or persons...not even those that hang out with me on a routine basis. I reserve the right (and priviledge) to be wrong about any and everything. You may reserve to right to point it out. I reserve the right to ignore or publicly humiliate you (I'm fond of dropping hyperactive weasels in peoples underpants) for doing so. Viewer discretion is advised.
DamionFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:04 PM   #17
Phisher
Initiate

Phisher is unknown at this point
From what I know and read here you need extremly much patience for this game..I mean 6h tutorial?

One IRL-pal play EVE and hes that type who enjoys thinking much and stand away from action..
Phisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #18
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
My first impression of this game is that it's really intense, what do you mean stay away from action?
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
Old 11-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
turix
Initiate

turix is unknown at this point
Not a difficult game - the best PVP system iv ever seen, awesome graphics. The Steep learning curve keeps idiots and 10yr olds out the community - ususally.
turix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #20
mindw0rk
Initiate

mindw0rk is unknown at this point
I quit WoW and started playing EVE. Never looked back since. Amazing pvp system that is really rewarding, best economy and politic systems among all MMORPG, beautiful graphics and what WoW clones will always lack - DEPTH. You will never reach highest level because there is none, you will always have skills to learn and things to do.
But like others said, EVE is a very complex game requiring lots of patience and time to get into. Its not WoW where you just log for the 1st time and follow the quests. One other thing that shines in EVE - community. Very mature.
mindw0rk is offline   Reply With Quote