WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Clementine
Initiate

Clementine is an unknown quantity at this point
File Size (sony vegas)

Hi, I just recently put together my first wow movie and am trying to get it to upload to filefront or vimeo. The problem i am having is the file is too large and i have rendered it several different times changing diferent qualities around, but the file stays the same size.

The file currently sits at 1.2GB, and I rendered it with Sony Vegas at best quality in 1440x1080 resolution. If anyone has any information to how I can get the file size under 1GB or even 0.5 GB for vimeo without greatly destroying the quality of the video it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. i did read the sticky on rendering with sony vegas and tried several of the different things that were mentioned to lower file size, but none of them decreased it by hardly any at all. I am going to keep trying new things and rendering the video to see if i can fix this problem.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Blueroze

Blueroze is an unknown quantity at this point
Need more information.

What fps was your original file? what fps were you rendering it at?
What codec(s) did you try?

Just to start but any other stuff you can provide will help.
Blueroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:32 AM   #3
Clementine
Initiate

used fraps to collect videos and they were all at ~ 35 fps. I rendered the video at 29.970 fps. Music in the video are all mp3's and video clips are avi. The video clips were recorded at 1920x1080 resolution and I have tried to render at 1440x1080 and 1280x720 at best and good quality. Used DivX 6.8.2 Codec (4 Logical CPus) in all renders. The video has text overlay commentary throughout the whole video.

If any more information is needed to help let me know what you need to know. Every rendering ends up at just barely over 1.2GB.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Blueroze

And how long time wise is the movie?
Old 06-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #5
Clementine
Initiate

22 minutes.. seen other movies that are longer and with half the file size and still have great quality... not sure what im missing
Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Blueroze

I'm probably not being much help by asking more and more questions but could you possibly upload a segment of the movie and give me names of movies you've compared it too for quality?

22mins and 1.2gig sounds right If I think about it though with DivX at that resolution. The only alternative I could suggest is to render with H.264, this should bring it down to something around 600-700 with the right settings and still maintaining (even surpassing) the quality.

Last edited by Blueroze : 06-01-2008 at 05:57 PM.