WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > General
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2006, 05:37 AM   #1
Ravagous
Initiate

Ravagous is unknown at this point
Videos in General :/

I see stupid people....seriously.

If anyone actually reads this, take this into consideration

Now Grim (UD-Rogue) is highly famed for his "uber skillz" and great tactics and use of his class. HOWEVER, what if he rolled another class? Like warlock per say, would he be as popular?

Fans would be saying "EFF YEYA!?!1one!1", but they are lying, they would just as badly pummel him into dust cause of the class and go watch rogue videos.

Majority of videos that reach Hall of Fame status are either warrior or rogue videos (occasional mage) because that's the observer bias, people like to see them "WTFPWN" and don't vaguely give a crap about others. Hell, Drakedog recently got hall of fame and he's bee kickin' ass hardcore before Grim was born.

In the end, don't criticize PvP videos on the class, actually watch it and dont TLDW it, that's just ignorance.

It's getting real old that the second a video comes out it gets a negative review even though it's gold.
Ravagous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #2
AdarinX

AdarinX is unknown at this point
I totally agree with you dude. Dont see no where near as many druid vids as you would warriors/rogues.

Check it out some time:
The Third Circle
[chapter 4 up now]
[Please R&R]
AdarinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
Naguya
Initiate

Naguya is unknown at this point
i wouldn't say "yeaah"
just because i like fast action and playing a rogue is the ultimative kick for me
and we have almoust the same playstyle....so...+ i dont like caster classes....becuase in the real world there was no mana and fire spells :> i like instant action and fast moving (staying around and casting a spell is boring)

-nyth, kult der verdammten
Naguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
alg

alg is unknown at this point
I 120% agree.
alg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Lodisen

Lodisen is unknown at this point
Imo there is no skill left in WoW after they implemented the PvE end game instances. Now it's just about luck and crits, and most gear.
If you have the best gear and can play DECENT, you will beat a VERY good player in normal gear. This just sucks.
Lodisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #6
The Bum

The Bum is unknown at this point
I agree, i really want some PvP movies with other classes, but people dont make them because they know they get downvoted
The Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 PM   #7
Phisher
Initiate

Phisher is unknown at this point
Naguya "fast action and playing a rogue is the ultimative kick for me"
Thats a good reason.

I dont watch anymore rouge/warrior movies, they start to look all the same.
Phisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:14 AM   #8
vrakor
Initiate

vrakor is unknown at this point
personally i think Grim's and other rogues movies are so popular because of the good editing in them, as for Grim's "uber skillz" i think only the dagger (31-8-12)part really did justice on his playstyle.in the beginning combat swords part he used the same combos and CD's in almost every fight mainly cos thts what combat is all about ...damage nothing more,the last part showing Hemorrhage build imo was just gear frenzy vs unskilled/geared opponents using maybe 2% of the possibilities offered from tht build.
ive seen lot of pvp movies from other classes and i just cant get anything out of them,watching a mage 2shot some1 from 41yards isnt actually interesting so its really hard to make a decent movie out of it no matter how good u are in editing.Watching a priest using shield and waiting his target to die on DOT's over and over again no thx,watching Hunter (or any class) kill ppl in BG's by shooting though Walls,Hills,trees,rocks just make me puke for how badly this game was designed.overall it is matter of can or can u not make good editing from the class tht appears in the movie ...nothing more
vrakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:58 AM   #9
Punchline

Punchline is notable
lawl dr00dz
Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
Rothicol
Hall of Fame member

Rothicol is unknown at this point
I want to see... Healer priest pvp!