WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
MicahR2
Initiate

MicahR2 is unknown at this point
Divx Not Working With Sony Vegas _ Help

So im trying to make a wow pvp video. I rendered all my footage together into a .avi file with the render setttings of Divx 6.8 codec (the video format). Now when i try and reinsert it into Sony Vegas it doesnt work properly - basically i get a black screen a few times here and there in the video.
I have contacted Sony support and they say they do not support Divx - so the question is - i know i have to convert SOME PART of my .avi to make it compatible with Sony Vegas - but i dont know what to convert and what to use and how to do it .
There have been many posts from people with this same problem but after looking over dozens and dozens for 2 months now, i find that no one has ever truely given me a really clear example of how to fix this .

PLZ HELP

Shadowthrone (Skullcrusher server)
[email protected]
MicahR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahR2 View Post
So im trying to make a wow pvp video. I rendered all my footage together into a .avi file with the render setttings of Divx 6.8 codec (the video format). Now when i try and reinsert it into Sony Vegas it doesnt work properly - basically i get a black screen a few times here and there in the video.

Uhm.. why would you do that before editing it? You brought it on yourself :/

You can try opening your divx compressed files in virtualdub and recompressing them with something else (lagarith works fine, google it).
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
MicahR2
Initiate

MicahR2 is unknown at this point
Hey this is in respnse to my issue of trying to edit my already rendered avi file - i had to render it all together cause i had like almost 100 gigs of video - i was out of space on my hard drive! but yeah i have Virtual Dub and i downloaded the Lagarith codec - but when i open it in Virtual Dub it only seems to give me the option to save it as an avi - doesnt say anything about your Lagarith anywhere - not sure what to do here
MicahR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
an avi is like a box where you put video and audio, you can use anything in it, it'll still be an avi.

In virtualdub go to video -> compression, select lagarith there then save it as another avi (might be pretty big)
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote