WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
sandvikk
Initiate

sandvikk is unknown at this point
Encoding my WoW film.

Hi, I realise theres lots of tutorials out there and I might be a noob, but what the hell.

I've made my movie, how do I encode it? Yes, I've checked the guide, but the XVID codec is literally impossible to find. I download it on the official xvid site and I get this weird file with no .exe files or setup files. I a folder full of files with no system or logic in whatsoever.

I try the DivX encoder, with nothing but a program which seems to be a media player of some sort. And configuration program which configures what??

I am out of ideas, I've been searching the net how to encode my movies but theres nothing about how to use divx, or xvid for a noob. It's useless!

Can I please get a direct link to a working encoder (preferably xVid) and a couple of words about how I use it.

Please don't direct me to a link in this forum which tells me how to encode movies, because they are U-S-E-L-E-S-S. Yes, theres no way a noob like me can figure out how to encode with a crappy guide which you've got.

No offence at all, but I'm frustrated and want to encode my movie

Oh, and another thing. Is there a guide on how to improve the quality of your WoW movie? using settings both ingame and in video editing pgrogram or encoding?

Thanks,

sand
sandvikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
godliest

godliest is notable
There is only one problem, what program are u using? There are alot of different programs for encoding, and some are already "implented" in the movie creation program.

I would recommand u to check out VirtualDub.

Check out this guide: Encoding Your WoW Movie with Xvid or WMV. I can't help u much more.

If u use Sony Vegas u can simply encode it with Sony Vegas, do it to WMV (follow the instructions in the guide above). This is really simple and it becomes good.

If ur using Adobe Premier Pro u must use VirtualDub, I got a 1.7k gigabite big film that was 10 minutes long, not logical. You can ofc go the easy way and simply import it into Windows Movie Maker and then encode it, this however costs on the quality.

If ur using Windows Movie Maker, well, then it's automatically encoded when u "render" the movie.

I would also like to add that I'm no way any pro at this and I say over to some pro, if I missed something. Deadmansparty seems to know alot 'bout this, so "Over to u Deadmansparty (or any pro)"

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
teh_taco
Hall of Fame member

teh_taco is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
If ur using Adobe Premier Pro u must use VirtualDub, I got a 1.7k gigabite big film that was 10 minutes long, not logical. You can ofc go the easy way and simply import it into Windows Movie Maker and then encode it, this however costs on the quality.
when using premiere you don't need virtual dub (although it produces better quality for me using mpeg v2, but worse quality using wmv).. just select "advanced wmv" or what it's called, create a new profile with your ingame resolution and desired bitrate then encode.
teh_taco is offline   Reply With Quote