WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #11
Birdfall
Initiate

Birdfall is unknown at this point
I can now record Vent in Fraps. Dunno what did it, but I think it was doing this:

My Computer - Control Panel - Change Sound Scheme - Audio (tab) - Sound Recording - [Volume...] Slide "Recording" to max.

On the Ventrilo website, it says the 2.3.0 program should have the "Ability to record and playback voice streams." But I searched the program Setup and couldn't find anything like this. (Admittedly, lots of options confuse me, but I didn't see the word "Record" anywhere.) It does note that you need to have a fairly decent sound card to make this work on Windows, so that could be an issue for some people. It specifically mentions needing "DirectX 8.1 or higher" and sound cards such as "Sound Blaster Live and Audigy." But even if I had those (I think my sound card is great, b/c my computer is new and I got it for video editing), I don't know where the functions would be to record straight off of Vent.

Errr... just keep trying things and testing it. Perhaps someone knowledgeable on this will actually come along and tell us what else you can try before running out to get a new sound card. Because it would suck to do that and still have it not work.

Last edited by Birdfall : 11-30-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Birdfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #12
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
What I meant is what I wrote. It works on vista. I didn't tell anyone to go buy a new OS (as vista actually fails on everything else, I wouldn't recommend them to anyway).

Your previous post wasn't terribly helpful either,

As for that part, yes, it certainly helps if the volume aint set to zero..

edit: Yeah yeah, get lost, dumptruck. I'm not the one popping up here with a attitude, calling people dumb, unhelpful, putting words in their mouths and asking them to read my blog.

If *YOU* have something constructive to come with, you're welcome to do so. Because I haven't seen it yet.

Last edited by kiahann : 11-30-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #13
Birdfall
Initiate

Um... I found my problem, which was his problem, and offered a solution.

In good faith, I'm deleting the inflammatory bits of my posts to get this back on track and PMing someone in charge to take care of the rest. Hopefully Thiras will follow suit. I actually care about this subject and shouldn't have let my frustration run away with me.

Feel free to delete this edit as well. Bad behavior is never so bitter as when it has a permanent record on the web.

Last edited by kiahann : 11-30-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
Birdfall
Initiate

GREAT NEWS!

My genius brother-in-law rocks. Record in Ventrilo thus: Right-click the Channel in Vent. Select "View" - "Record/Playback."

I LOVE that kid. I'm gonna test this out -- I'll let others do the same. If this isn't on one of the sticky posts, please someone put it there. ^_^

Last edited by Birdfall : 11-30-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #15
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdfall View Post
GREAT NEWS!

My genius brother-in-law rocks. Record in Ventrilo thus: Right-click the Channel in Vent. Select "View" - "Record/Playback."

I LOVE that kid. I'm gonna test this out -- I'll let others do the same. If this isn't on one of the sticky posts, please someone put it there. ^_^
Does that work while talking on vent at the same time? Very neat if it does

I'll poke valamir and ask him to clean this up when he gets online. Whenever that is.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #16
kiahann

kiahann is notable
I cleaned it up, although Valamir can get anything I might of missed I would lock it but others might need help with this subject.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #17
Birdfall
Initiate

Thanks thanks!