Old 04-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Naala
Initiate

Naala is an unknown quantity at this point
Best way to render your movie

Hello
I am planning to make a 2nd movie.

This is my first one: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=136161

I rendered it with MeGui using x264 codec, HQ template. Bitrate is 4000, about 30mb/sec, 30fps, 1280x1024 resolution.

The stream quality is utter shit, while the download quality is amazing. Why is that so? Is there a certain codec or way of rendering that can produce better quality, maintaining the same size (especially when streaming!!!)

Please help me out, I want my 2nd movie to be an even greater success, but to achieve this I need absolute perfection, in content, editing AND quality.
Naala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
AlexEgeskog

AlexEgeskog is an unknown quantity at this point
Streaming is streaming, downloading is downloading =p

You could push your next movie to 4500 bit/s or 5000 bit/s for more quality, but after 4500 you won't notice that much difference.

I watched the stream, and it looks normal
AlexEgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
Naala
Initiate

well, if you compare the streaming quality to http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=143325 or http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=134615 the quality of the STREAM is HUGE. i wonder why this happens, the quality of the downloaded video is very close to ingame (took me a week to optimize the rendering settings for my video), but the stream is like 100x worse.

Maybe one of the admins can answer - is there a certain "best" resolution or codec for top STREAM quality? like for youtube, some videos will have better quality if encoded in a certain way or with a certain resolution.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
AlexEgeskog

AlexEgeskog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naala View Post
well, if you compare the streaming quality to http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=143325 or http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=134615 the quality of the STREAM is HUGE. i wonder why this happens, the quality of the downloaded video is very close to ingame (took me a week to optimize the rendering settings for my video), but the stream is like 100x worse.

Maybe one of the admins can answer - is there a certain "best" resolution or codec for top STREAM quality? like for youtube, some videos will have better quality if encoded in a certain way or with a certain resolution.
The way you are rendering the movie should be just fine. I'm using the same way, and it looks quite good for me (Though I only make Machinimas, so I can't really compare)

I can suggest pushing your bitrate to 5-6K next time, and perhaps make a 4000 bit version available for download. It could help! 4000 seems a bit low if you want uber-nice quality.

Well, that's all I can say atleast. Would love someone else to share their knowledge as well.
AlexEgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Naala
Initiate

Maybe another fileformat would be better for streaming? Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely satisfied with the download-quality, its just that the stream is EXTREMELY blocky - maybe it does not support -mp4 very well?

I would be very thankful for a moderator response
Old 05-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
Naala
Initiate

bump

i'm making a new movie and i want it to be something ppl enjoy watching, but looking at the streaming quality of my last one, that will be barely possible - please help me!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
mortgage
Initiate

mortgage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naala View Post
bump

i'm making a new movie and i want it to be something ppl enjoy watching, but looking at the streaming quality of my last one, that will be barely possible - please help me!
The other videos had HQ stream ticked in as default whilst yours had LQ... I switched your video to HQ stream and it looked awesome.
mortgage is offline   Reply With Quote