WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Laifas
Initiate

Laifas is unknown at this point
A little help :)

Hey guys, me and my friend are starting to make a pvp movie. It will be an arena movie and it will be in both povs. We have a good conection so we can send large fraps files over IM program instantly. We just came to a problem, when I started to edit the video, is that our monitor resolutions are different mines like 1400x900 and his is like a little lower... So the point is I saw meny movies on wcm that are perfect in both povs and I just get black edges in sony vegas when I'm trying to edit my friends frapsed footage... Guys please give me some help and advice thx.
Laifas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Hacky
Hall of Fame member

Hacky is unknown at this point
Quote:
A little help
= not a very descriptive subject most people won't click to read it, just a tip.

Regarding your problem, there is a number of ways to 'fix' that, the best is prob just crop/zoom/stretch the movie so it fills the frame.
Hacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
MrWise

MrWise is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laifas View Post
Hey guys, me and my friend are starting to make a pvp movie. It will be an arena movie and it will be in both povs. We have a good conection so we can send large fraps files over IM program instantly. We just came to a problem, when I started to edit the video, is that our monitor resolutions are different mines like 1400x900 and his is like a little lower... So the point is I saw meny movies on wcm that are perfect in both povs and I just get black edges in sony vegas when I'm trying to edit my friends frapsed footage... Guys please give me some help and advice thx.
Well if your friend has a different aspect ratio it's practically impossible to get away with a "perfect" solution, if the aspect ratios are different you WILL get some black bars either on the sides or on the top of the video.

You can stretch it out, but you don't want to, because it destroys the video (makes it look like shit).

As for the "many movies on wcm", you havent thought about that maybe they get it perfect because they record at the same resolutions? And not that it's something they do in sony vegas?
MrWise is offline   Reply With Quote