WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
parl2001
Hall of Fame member

parl2001 is unknown at this point
Uploading/submitting movies bugs

Get to the point where you're supposed to upload a Promotion Image

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/moviee....php?id=171231

click the "Browse" button - select jpg file that's 160x120 and get the following bug:

Quote:
The page at www.warcraftmovies.com says:

Please upload a gif or jpg or png file.
On both Safari and Chrome browsers. With both png and jpg files. With both perfectly scaled 160x120 pics and others. Mac OS X, latest updates.

Some of the drop-down menus are still blank, though that seemed to have been fixed when I edited a movie that had been published already - the menus also appeared slightly different, like the code was different.

Also, going back and forth between different steps apparently loses some of the information - every time I edit a movie description I have to input the guild info again, and movie tags. And author display name. And some of the drop-down menus appear blank again. Some of this info appear to stay with the movie even if it appears not to, though.

Haha! Just tried to attach a file to this thread post. Took a quick screenshot of the empty drop-down menu and this is the forum software reply:

Quote:
Upload Errors
Screen shot 2010-12-27.jpg:
This is not a valid image file.
Coincidence? I think not.

Here's a long term solution to some stuff suggestion: The multiple pages of a movie submission process is a complicated way to go about this - there's many steps that can go wrong. Submitting a movie and editing its description should be one single webpage on your site. That way going back and forth in the process won't cause loss of data as much.

As always, thanks for a great site, this is just friendly constructive (hopefully) criticism, and thanks for the option to disallow rating/comments. There's way too many trolls and people downrate/flame just due to music choice (!) or class or spec. Speaking of which I wish the report post window pop-up would auto-close after you click "submit". I'm guessing the next logical step for your site is to Facebook Connect profiles? Good luck!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
Will take a look at this, thank you for brining it to our forum!