WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #11
Blueroze

Blueroze is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty much minuscule if any, the veneer like effect only appears if your looking for visible differences. Encode that with H.264 and your going to get near ingame quality if done right.

The quality still stands up to scrutiny, however the OP has set himself his own high standards which will only be met if Fraps improves upon its own in house codec.

Seriously, only way to get better is to design your own custom video capture device.....although I hear the possibility of that for WoW may actually be in the works!
Blueroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
MrWise

MrWise is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix7 View Post
Usually people are arguing about the quality at the end product what they produce from the raw fraps footage. But i alrady start complaining at the raw footage itself, i'm not pleased with it. What i'm using:

- Very fast computer, seperate large HD for the raw videos.
- Latest retail Fraps
- 1680x1050 resolution
- Ingame setting on high.
- Fraps settings: sound off, No fps show, No mouse pointer, Full screen and 30 fps.

Is there a way to have better quality raw footage? The quality i have now is kinda like the same saving a image to .jpg wich is bad quality compared to .bmp

I don't care about the size of the raw data, all i want is the same raw quality to be just like ingame quality.
Changelog

3.0.0 - 5th Nov 2009
- Force lossless RGB option to always capture video in pure form
MrWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
Epix7
Initiate

Epix7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I gave up some time ago, problems keep on stacking up one after another. Yes that option solved my problem but my fps is total crap with all ingame options turned on low even tough i'm using 8gb ram, quad core proc, Ati radeon HD 4870. I give up...
Epix7 is offline   Reply With Quote