WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making on Mac
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #11
Aowyyn
Initiate

Aowyyn is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i just need to know about using Promo material.
I use in-game footage and my videos arent bad, but i want to be
able to use the promo material at the beginning.

only problem is, it is in WMV format and i cannot put it
into iMovie. (yea i know. noob program. but i make use
of what i got =D )

anyone want to help me out on that?
Aowyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:49 AM   #12
parl2001
Hall of Fame member

parl2001 is unknown at this point
Google the following:
MPEG Streamclip
VLC Player

Then hit up the following pages at the WoW Wiki:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mac_Video_Recording_and_Editing
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mac

Now, if you have a problem like the one above, I advice googling something like "wmv iMovie" or "how to get wmv to work in iMovie".

I'm not trying to be condescending, just trying to help you help yourself in the future.

Another thing you can do is to start hitting up the websites of the major producers of WoW Machinima. I know at least one or two of the biggest names around do their work on Macs. Baron Soosdon maybe?
parl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:38 AM   #13
Hacky
Hall of Fame member

Hacky is unknown at this point
Seriously don't bother trying to get windows formats like wmv into iMovie, don't even bother with iMovie. You'll just drive yourself mad.

Use Final Cut Pro with After Effects, and if you need to do anything with WoW models then use Windows for that on your Mac or whatever.

But at the end of the day it's how good you are at editing and how well you know your editing app. You can get amazing results with Sony Vegas or Premier on a PC, if you really know what you're doing and you know those apps. And you can get some really slick stuff if you combine that with After Effects and/or 3D animation apps too ofc. But put it this way...

If you took two people, both with the maximum skills in editing and the maximum skills in the apps, but one used a PC and the other a Mac, the dude on the Mac will get a better movies simply because you can do some insane shit with Final Cut mixed with AF that you simply cannot with Vegas unfortunately. But we are talking about the top top stuff in editing skills so 99.99% of WoW movie makers simply don't need to worry about what I just said tbo.
Hacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
parl2001
Hall of Fame member

parl2001 is unknown at this point
Any average to skilled movie-maker will do just fine with Final Cut Express, if the price on Pro is putting you off.

The 4.0 version just introduced some awfully nice Vegas-like effect that are way easier to do now.
parl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote