WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2006, 01:51 AM   #1
fractionthelol
Initiate

fractionthelol is unknown at this point
Rendered like this!

Hello ppl

I have frapsed some footage and made my movie in vegas(effects and stuff), all was easy until the last part - saveing/rendering.. So I was shooting at a quality like this:

http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?...e/H5158898.jpg
(Taken from in.exelcis movie)(the picture doesnt contain the black in top and lower, like a movie (widescreen))

I have installed Vegas video 7, but what options do I have to pick to get that result both quality and the black in top and lower?

Facts:
Wow resolution: 1280x1024
fraps v. 2.6.3 - movies are recorded to 640x512(?!?)..

hope anyone can help, I have really been strugling the past days with this, and as time on this topic tells, its late and im allmost giving up, hope to see some answers tomorrow that can sort this (easy?) problem out, since it for me doesnt seem that hard, its all about knowing what to pick?

Cheers!

- Haku
fractionthelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
jimtamangan
Initiate

jimtamangan is unknown at this point
what CPU are you running?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
fractionthelol
Initiate

fractionthelol is unknown at this point
Computer specs:
P4 2.8, 1024 ram, Gforce 7800, std. hdd...

To improve the quality I got the new fraps and that helped to fix the quality problem, but now I only need to find out of how I get the screen to be all the way out on "With" and not all to the top and bottom on "Hight".. has it something to do with the resolution that I picks or record in?
fractionthelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
Waverian

Waverian is unknown at this point
For rendering I'd suggest checking out this tutorial: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/articleview.php?id=21

That should give you fairly good quality results.

As for the widescreen effect.. Not positive on that. In my not-so-professional opinion I'd say try rendering at a resolution that is wider than it is in height, or you could apply a pan/crop to all the clips, but that that would end up with the upper or lower portions of the screen cut off.

And the reason fraps is recording at 640x512 I'd imagine is because it's set to record half-size. Open the fraps options, go to the movies tab, and make sure "Full-size" is selected.
Waverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
Freekstyle
Initiate

Freekstyle is unknown at this point
I suggest looking at this guide here.

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/mjn...irtualdub.html

It's not with Sony Vegas but with adobe Premiere.
The clue however is acctually Virtualdub, a FREE video encoding software! The only stuff you need to do is save the movie from Vegas, UNCOMPRESSED and use virtualdub to encode it. errr... not doing the best explanation here so just follow the guide

Made my 13.5 GB file about 30 MB with the same quality, was about 2 mins long., or something^^

About that black thing on your screen, it's probably resolution problems. Vegas is rendering your video in a preset resolution, which you should change to the resolution that your movie is recorded in! Vegas will stop cutting into your movie and such!

Have fun!

Last edited by Freekstyle : 11-22-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Freekstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
jimtamangan
Initiate

jimtamangan is unknown at this point
ok first off please check the various guides found around here and warcraftmovies.

A few quick things, you're recording in 640x512 because Fraps can only record fullsize upto a max resolution of 1152x768. So because you're playing in 1280 it automatically records in 640.

A couple of options to achieve the widescreen look.

1) pick a video preset in Vegas that gives a widescreen look although because you record in a standard 4:3 resolution it'll look distorted

2) play about with event, pan and crop option to achieve the look but doing this will cut off the top and bottom of your movie.

3) change your WoW resolution to that of a widescreen setting, but it'll look really weird when you're playing.

These are only the options I can give you. Hopefully you'll find something that can give you better results.

good luck