WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
dotb
Initiate

dotb is an unknown quantity at this point
foul language, trolling and advertising not allowed. Be constructive.

When writing comments, this is clearly stated, before people make comments

"foul language, trolling and advertising not allowed. Be constructive."

However it does not seem like people either know how to read or understand such a simple thing. A lot of people at Warcraftmovies, only troll and are never constructive. When you look into their comment log, you can see that everything they have been writing, has been pure flame and trolling. Then why not just say nothing instead?

There is a long way between the contructive critique, and I just have to figure out, how to disable comments, because so far, I get really constructive critique on Mmo-champion. I don't know if Warcraftmovies, ever thought about digging a bit into it, and perhaps warn or maybe even ban some people, for just being plain flamers when they make their comments.

For all I care, they can spend their life, doing crap comments, on whatever they see, even if it is good or bad. But it does not make the site look as good as it was 4 years ago, where it was full of enthusiast, giving extremely good critque and feedback on videos. And I really think Warcraftmovies has a good future going, since Youtube, is really going downhill at the moment, due to commercials and music-copyright.

I don't know if there are some decent people, who feel the same inhere. Because I would really love to have a moderate flow of comments going on the site, so it perhaps would be even more appealing to people to watch movies there, than just looking like a flame-wall.

And I don't care about how many trolls and flames will go on in here - I have a life.

(but thanks to the people who did constructive critique)
dotb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
parl2001
Hall of Fame member

parl2001 is unknown at this point
They just enabled a way to disallow comments and ratings on your movies. Step in the right direction imo.

I'd prefer to see a simple drop-down menu with "Report for trolling, Report for X, Y and Z" options instead of the current click to open pop-up window, click to comment, write reason for report, click to submit, click to close window. That's 4 mouse-clicks and some typing when it should just be 2 clicks.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Thanks for your feedback guys. I take what you say to heart and will make some changes to make it easier to report comments and also more quickly make them dissapear.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #4
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
talking about deleting comments / ratings...

...lately I commented and rated a clip that had a straight 5 rating before I joined in. I gave reason why in my humble opinion the clip did not deserve the best possible rating and rated it 4.3 (wich is still a good rating). Like in all my comments before - and there are a lot - I kept it cool, didn't offend the author or other comments / ratings, did not troll around.
The average rating went down to 4.98.
To my surprise I found my comment and rating beeing deleted just two days later (plus another non-hurray comment).
I PM'd the author to check if this was done by his order, or if it was just a technical problem, but didn't got an answer.
The vid is now back to it's former shiny full five rating.

Here is my question: are we not allowed to critizise a not perfect clip anymore?
Will a comment and rating that does not fit the authors vision of his genius be deleted, just because the authors tells you to, without checking the comment and rating?

If that is the new WcM politics, then tell me: why should I comment and rate at all?

Looking forward to an answer on this, Dwarv.

Other than that, I so sign dotb's threat, the guy is damn right (beeing a member since 2006).

Last edited by Dwârv : 03-20-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Dwârv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Uzbeki

Hi Dwârv,
Can you please link me the movie in question so I can take a closer look at what mechanics caused your rating to be removed? We are still tweaking this to make sure that valid comments and ratings will always be left alone.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
mindw0rk
Initiate

mindw0rk is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzbeki View Post
Hi Dwârv,
Can you please link me the movie in question so I can take a closer look at what mechanics caused your rating to be removed? We are still tweaking this to make sure that valid comments and ratings will always be left alone.
Honestly, WCM starting to look like fanboy mekka. Anything lower then 4.5 in "big movies" is getting deleted. I had lots of my comments deleted for no reason and now dont even bother trying to rate. Not until you get rid of smart ass moderators
mindw0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
fateschosen
Initiate

fateschosen is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone please tell me how to disable the comments? Not seeing an option at all. Thank you.
fateschosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
Dwârv

Hi Uzbeki,

I did not mention the movies name on purpose, cause I don't want to point my finger like a little child. I was more hoping for a generalized answer by you, but ok. I will send you a PM with the info you asked.
Thanx for the quick reply,
Dwârv

Edit - recieved your answer. Thanx for the quick reply and I am truly impressed to see that you really took your time to give a detailed answer like you did. All the best with balancing the system

Last edited by Dwârv : 03-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Dwârv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
Uzbeki

Thanks for looking out Dwârv
Old 04-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
Dwârv

...still a lot of work to do for you guys - that deleting of nonperfect ratings / comments is getting more and more popular. Or should I say : spreading like a pleague..?
Another indication for the fact, that WcM slowly changes from a site, where dedicated people uploaded movies wich in most of the cases took more than one week production-time, and other dedicated people gave pretty often interesting comments (that were not deleted) to a youtube version of WoW related movies. (No quality needed, if you like a movie, you HAVE to give full 5, anything less will be deleted, trolled or shouted down by immature kids that have no clue about machinimas.)

Something here on WcM goes in a totally wrong direction, imho.
I will start to look out for alternative pages by now.