WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
torchkc
Initiate

torchkc is unknown at this point
WCM Fame: 1

So, yeah. Allow me to list some details from the "My Statistics" tab in my profile.

Member for: 290 days
Ratings: 0 (Not true, I've left reviews in the past.)
WCM Fame: 1 (Apparently there's new rules that this applies to, but...)
Downloads: 48 (...I'm quite certain I should have a higher rating. )
Warnings: 0 (This can't be keeping me from being able to post more reviews.)

So, I suppose the point I'm getting at is..

When will I be able to post more reviews?

And my Warcraftmovies.com username is the same as this.

Edit : Btw, I have already tried manually logging out/in. I've even gone as far as clearing all cache/cookies. No effect.
torchkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Keep downloading movies. It does take time, the Admins have made it quite clear that there is no set number of downloads required and that it can take a while. We also, as a team, feel it is meant to be like this as well. So all I can say is keep downloading and manually logging out and back in.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
torchkc
Initiate

torchkc is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valamir View Post
Keep downloading movies. It does take time, the Admins have made it quite clear that there is no set number of downloads required and that it can take a while. We also, as a team, feel it is meant to be like this as well. So all I can say is keep downloading and manually logging out and back in.
That's fine, I plan to continue downloading movies. But, here's the problem I'm having..

This was put into place to prevent people from making multiple accounts and posting feedback on vids to bump the rating one way or another. Good, great, I'm glad you're doing things to prevent this sort of dishonesty.

However! My account is almost a YEAR old. I OBVIOUSLY didn't just make a new account to bump somebody's rating..IMO, I should be able to post reviews regardless of my download #. I've been using the site for years, faithfully (though I often forget to log in before downloading), because I rarely leave reviews. I keep to myself unless I see an especially moving video..and what kills me is, I've found 2 in the past day that I really want to leave feedback for.

I wandered off-topic a touch..so back to my point.

Member for: 290 days -> I fail to see why I don't have the ability to post reviews, regardless of the number of downloads I have.
Warnings: 0 -> Especially considering this..
torchkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #4
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Well, torchkc, I can't speak for the Admins but they have expressed to me that unless you have 2 fame it will not be possible to rate movies regardless of any situation. I understand your feelings on this matter and I would encourage you to contact one of our Admins at [email protected] because it is quite out of my hands on this one.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
The fame points updates once every day, without you logging in our out and after ~60 movies downloaded you should have your first 2 fame points.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Also, we will change the fame point system to reflect how long you have been a member on the site in the near future.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
Trollkarlen
Initiate

Trollkarlen is unknown at this point
I found that my old account were still viable a few weeks ago. It seems like i had quite some fame (~20), could it be beacuse i have been a member for over 850 days? Im tyring to increase my fame now and will hopefully put up some own videos (failed to do it pre-tbc when i made one).
Trollkarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Uzbeki

Yeah, you get approx 1 fame point per month you are active on the site.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #9
Hogadjo
Initiate

Hogadjo is an unknown quantity at this point
On my old wcm account I had quite alot of fame, I allways thought it was how active you were, watching movies, replying and posting on forums. This is dissapointing to find out however that it's not.
Hogadjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
Uzbeki

You only get fame for being active on the site up to a certain level (around 15). If you never post a comment etc you will not rise in fame.

Things that give a lot of fame: posting movies, postings very popular movies, posting very high quality movies (content wise)
Things that also gives fame but not as much: Viewing movies, commenting movies, rating movies.