Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2007, 02:13 AM   #11
Izit
Initiate

Izit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiras View Post
Do you get 30 fps when you record at 30 fps? Because then its not lag, thats how fraps works.

If it didn't do that, say your game ran at 50 fps and you tried to record at 30. It'd be skippy.
It doesn't go much over 30fps (recording on 40) normaly about 20-25 on highest in game settings in shattrath etc, not to bad but i require more playing in 2580+ rated 5v5 games, i guess i could lower my in game settings but i'd much prefer to find a work around on recording half-size, unless i can get record and play at the highest standard i won't publish movie(s).
also a small reminder, the raw files blurred when done on half-size so maybe it's my graphics drivers? 8800gtx latest drivers.
ty
Izit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #12
bigflyinazn

bigflyinazn is unknown at this point
if you have an 8800gtx, you should easily be achieving 30FPS if you're set to 30FPS, and in 5v5 you should never go under that, even while frapsing

sooo it could be a hardware issue

also, whats your char's name?
bigflyinazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #13
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Check the nvidia control panel, turn antialiasing down to at most 4x (because anything higher is overkill) and multi/supersampling off. Theres an individual setting for diff programs (including wow) under another tab there, check that one too.

Everything else is fine on highest (anisotropic etc), I have the same card and it runs great.

edit: Would like to know what harddrive and CPU you have as well.

Also try flying up to the roof with your flying mount or something, point the camera to the sky & zoom in, turn interface off (so theres basically nothing, you should get like 500 fps ) & record, see if the fps stays at what you set it to in fraps.

Last edited by Thiras : 10-06-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Izit
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflyinazn View Post
if you have an 8800gtx, you should easily be achieving 30FPS if you're set to 30FPS, and in 5v5 you should never go under that, even while frapsing
This is on full screen and not overclocked hardware, only gos under 30fps in intense fights. you've gone off topic now, my hardware is running perfectly.
i think the question i want answered most is why does the raw and rendered file come out blured when recording on half-size.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #15
bigflyinazn

bigflyinazn is unknown at this point
because half size is half the file size, recording at half the resolution, not the highest quality possible, im sure it downgrades alot of other things as well.

if you want the best quality on the raw file, gotta record at full size

then as thiras asked before, why record at half size, and you said you lag at full size, well you shouldnt be lagging at full size with that hardware (which is why it makes me think there's some kinda hardware issue)
bigflyinazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #16
Izit
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflyinazn View Post
if you want to see how mine is rendered, download this video
http://files.filefront.com/DahukaEle.../fileinfo.html
10 times better quality than mine on half-size, must be some driver issue.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
Thiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izit View Post
This is on full screen and not overclocked hardware, only gos under 30fps in intense fights. you've gone off topic now, my hardware is running perfectly.
i think the question i want answered most is why does the raw and rendered file come out blured when recording on half-size.
Well mr smartass, since you've already decided for yourself that you don't want our answers/help I kindly ask that you go hide somewhere.

I'm not going offtopic. Fraps and hardware have everything to do with eachother.

edit: And since I spent my time writing a post with suggestions for you and you dismissed it without considering jack shit of what I wrote, I'm not gonna waste my time helping you anymore.

Last edited by Thiras : 10-06-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #18
Izit
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiras View Post
Well mr smartass, since you've already decided for yourself that you don't want our answers/help I kindly ask that you go hide somewhere.

I'm not going offtopic. Fraps and hardware have everything to do with eachother.

edit: And since I spent my time writing a post with suggestions for you and you dismissed it without considering jack shit of what I wrote, I'm not gonna waste my time helping you anymore.
I don't know if your on your period or just misunderstood me but i'm extremely thankful for your kind efforts in trying helping with this problem, i simple wanted to rule out broken hardware.
anyway i guess this post isn't going anywhere so thanks anyway, no need to reply.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #19
Thiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izit View Post
I don't know if your on your period or just misunderstood me but i'm extremely thankful for your kind efforts in trying helping with this problem, i simple wanted to rule out broken hardware.
anyway i guess this post isn't going anywhere so thanks anyway, no need to reply.
No. Your attitude sucks.

A 8800 gtx shouldn't go below 30 fps in wow. Ever. I tried to help you with figuring that out, and you gave me shit in return. I don't need to be a lady having her period to be aggravated by that, thank you very much.