WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Laxxors
Initiate

Laxxors is unknown at this point
Where are the Greats?

There hasn't been a great movie in a while, Return 2 and illegal danish 2 are starting to resemble Starcraft ghost. Im really sad by this, theres no one like Grim, Niar, DD, no new great pvp legends to be heard of.

- Laxxz
Laxxors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
Makesfolkslose
Initiate

Makesfolkslose is unknown at this point
I know what you mean. I've pretty much given up on Return and Illegal Danish. However, on the bright side, we have people like Maquan who's already filming the next great story-line epic. Don't worry, new people will emerge.

The Realm of Makesfolkslose
Makesfolkslose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
I've got something the pipeline that'll hopefully be something to watch out for. I started in July and since then it's constantly been improving. Of course, it's not as if I've worked non stop since I started. There's real life and everything else to take care of too.

The amount of times I've started, been unhappy with it, rewrote and re-edited it has wasted a huge amount of time, but it'll be worth it!

But anyway, I'm hoping to get a trailer out soon. I'm just waiting to hear back from some voice actors who are due to send some lines over.
Btcc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
I'd count Vurtne as a current pvp legend. His movies are awesome and people are eagerly waiting for his 5th movie to come out soon.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
godliest

godliest is notable
There has came new movies that are good. Just because the authors are old authors doesn't mean they are great, even tho they are. There was a film with DD named Drakedog Pathologists Cut that was really nice, not sure if it was new material tho. I'm looking forward to seeing more new authors and not just the old ones.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
Laxxors
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
I'd count Vurtne as a current pvp legend. His movies are awesome and people are eagerly waiting for his 5th movie to come out soon.

Yea, your right i love his movies, but currently hes the only one of his kind, Mute/Kishkumen, Grim, ming, Happyminti, DD, Were all going at it about the same time. Now, as great as he is, all we have have is vurtne but he is amazing ^_^
Old 03-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
Laxxors
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
There has came new movies that are good. Just because the authors are old authors doesn't mean they are great, even tho they are. There was a film with DD named Drakedog Pathologists Cut that was really nice, not sure if it was new material tho. I'm looking forward to seeing more new authors and not just the old ones.
Thats what i meen, there's no one new stepping up to the plate.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #8
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxxors View Post
Thats what i meen, there's no one new stepping up to the plate.
Exceptionally good editing like Pathologist's takes months and months of hard work to do... most people making videos don't care to show too much good editing, they want to show 'skill fight' pvp vids or 'epic storyline' vids.

I don't know what's all the fascination with the overdone concept of 'skill videos', it's been seen and done over and over and over with every class... I guess a vid like that is ok to watch for the first time but the more of them I see, I'm finding less will to want to return and watch it again.

I want to see lots of ass kicking with nice editing, blood and gore, in high quality. Those are the kind of videos that I watch over and over, and the closest that come to that are like Grim's, Pathologist's, Kenion's, Hector's and other similar types. Come on, the 'omg look at me I got awesome skill, I just won this 1v1 against a paladin that lasted 10 minutes' have been way overdone.

Personally, I'm focusing my little series on what I like to see (which I pointed out above), but waiting for better gear and possibly new hard drive before starting to record for my second vid.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
Hentai

Hentai is notable
otherguy and vortune are my new fav authors. Of corse i miss grim, DD, perkulator and now laintime has gone 2 :x
Hentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
Hobo
Initiate

Hobo is unknown at this point
I remember reading on the EU rogue forums grim is making a 3rd movie for TBC
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote