WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
neogeek
Initiate

neogeek is unknown at this point
Videos accepted/rejected criteria?

Question: I submitted my latest movie here to Warcraftmovies.com and was absolutely FLOORED when I was told:
---------------------------
The movie you submitted was not approved because:
The content quality of the movie that you submitted was not high enough for us to host it.

---------------------------

I've spoken with a few other WoW video makers (here offline and elsewhere) and they're similarly at a loss and recommended I post a link and ask for feeback/advice here.

Here's the video in question.
http://www.xsquared.ca/romily/revenge.htm

It's doing well with folks who've seen it (albeit the credits segment is long - but only counts for a very small portion of the file size) but, having posted my first video here over two years ago, I'm trying to stay loyal and keep all my WoW work here now that I'm back to creating machinima. I'm at a complete loss. Thoughts?

EDIT: Just to clarify - I'm not here to cry or whine. This was a HUGE slap in the face. While my face is still stinging, I just want to understand why; to know what I did wrong (or maybe there was some mistake somehow). I don't want this to happen again.

Last edited by neogeek : 04-01-2007 at 02:45 PM.
neogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Blackfire
Initiate

Blackfire is unknown at this point
i got that too on my previous video. it was more of a fun of my guild thing so it didnt need to be hosted... but still the quality in that video was like 10X better then my previous so i was like what the frig?
Blackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Dopefish
Hall of Fame member

Dopefish is notable
Comparing with the average crop on this site (non-edited PvP with Rammstein or Linkin Park music), I completly fails to see how this can get rejected for lack of "content quality" (now whatever that means). I've seen a movie of a guy walking up a hill (instead of wallwalking) with so poor quality you can barely see what's going on and a song with lyrics such as "Put your ass up in the air, like you just don't care". Or how about the "Fanatik and MysticZ - Trailer" which got a recommendation when it had more text than footage?

Well, to be honest, I believe this must be a mistake. WCM gets loads of new movies everyday, that the moderators have to go through, and it's not unlikely that the moderator mistook your movie with another one and accidently rejected the wrong movie.

I don't say this is among the better movies of this site, but it's definetly not among the worst.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
kiahann

kiahann is notable
Now I gotta say the intro was pretty cool. But I actually agree with the reject.

even though it had abit of a story it's still a instance run through SM which is old content we don't even accept karazhan movies anymore (accept Nightbane) and of course SM we don't show anymore

So it's pretty much "Old Content"
Old 04-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Dopefish
Hall of Fame member

Dopefish is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahann View Post
Now I gotta say the intro was pretty cool. But I actually agree with the reject.

even though it had abit of a story it's still a instance run through SM which is old content we don't even accept karazhan movies anymore (accept Nightbane) and of course SM we don't show anymore

So it's pretty much "Old Content"
Well that makes alot more sense than that the "quality" would be lacking.
Seems you guys have become stricter with your moderation, which I find as a positive thing since it will help the overall quality of the site.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
kiahann

kiahann is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
Well that makes alot more sense than that the "quality" would be lacking.
Seems you guys have become stricter with your moderation, which I find as a positive thing since it will help the overall quality of the site.
Yep..

I don't know why it would be Quality could of ben a misclick or another reason which I don't understand.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
Tosan
Initiate

Tosan is unknown at this point
This was rejected too

http://files.filefront.com/Hardpacke.../fileinfo.html
Tosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
Darkalus

Darkalus is unknown at this point
I got rejected before too. Just submit it again and it will get approved, that's what happened to mine.
Darkalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #9
kiahann

kiahann is notable
thats kinda werid. I don't think its a bug or glitch though sometimes when your disproveing movies there could be many errors and you have to pick one Unless you do a custom reason.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
godliest

godliest is notable
Well. I watched the movie. It was a good start of the movie, but as the rest clearly was just some cleaning of SM it felt kind of lame. What the movie is really about feels more like a SM run then actually something entertaining. Also the credits was like 50% of the movie.

Altho I've seen much worse I do still believe it shouldn't be accepted. It's clearly lacking in content, it's just a SM run with some talk in the beginning and 3 minutes (no, I didn't count) credits.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but u still need to improve and make a movie with some nice content. The start was good anyways.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote