WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
dragonz
Initiate

dragonz is unknown at this point
Wich kind of warlock movie do you like?

Hey, i'm about to make my first PvP movie with my 70 lock and i don't know wich spec to use to make it. So here is the question, wich warlock spec do you like to watch the most..? I just tought while making this post to make a movie with like 3spec but idk if it would be good.. w/e Tell me what kind of lock movie you like! Thanks

P.S. I tought to make a PvP with my spec i have atm (Demo) but while no one seam to like those kind of video while there is any.. It's actualy pretty OP in 1vXs.. w/e

Last edited by dragonz : 04-06-2007 at 06:46 PM.
dragonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
godliest

godliest is notable
Demonology is imo the most boring to watch. It feels like the warlock just put some DoTs send the pet on the the target and just avoid the target. It's boring to watch and it feels like the player doesn't have any skill at all. Not my choice.

Destruction, nice. It can be fun and it shows that the player has skills. Can become boring with too much seduction+soulfire spam, try to avoid that if u use destro.

Affliction, cool. Dot+run. It's fun to watch if the player is good. It can tend to become boring if the person only dots and runs. It's fun to watch sometimes and sometimes terrible.

I prefer affliction.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
Kralik
Initiate

Kralik is unknown at this point
Here's a tip: Try and be unique.
Show some good 1v2 / 1v3's, use whatever fuckign spec you want cause in the end it doesn't matter. Make sure you render it in a non-shitty codec and please show some skill. Don't fall back on " this is my first movie please don't criticise me to much I bruise easy" tactic excecuted by a majority of WoW movie idiots. If you can make demonology interesting and you like the spec, you shouldn't give a fuck what anyone else likes because you will know that spec (or should if you're going to make a movie) inside out.

Tips:
-Dont do the lame scroll-through-talent-tree and scroll-over-my-awesome-gear bullshit. Stick to pvp. If you want to see an amazing warlock pvp movie, see Drakedog (any movies by him but look at 5 for best quality).

- Don't use to many effects if any. People are looking for a pvp video, not some bullshit all over their screen that makes them want to vomit.

- Show some skill as i mentioned above. If you use potions, engineering and all of your class abilities to their max potential, people will note it. Then there are idiots who say everything against your movie because they can but ignore them.

- As a warlock myself, I tend to note simple dot spamming is boring as fuck to watch in a movie. A plain fact is that people like big numbers or at least rediculous skill. This is why the most successful warlock vids have been made from destro spec ( my fav spec). Destro, when used properly is the most devastiting pvp spec out there.

These are just some things that came to mind off the top of my head, take them with a grain of salt.

Also, do not do rediculous zoom effects. It gets hella anoying. Learn to use Vegas or Adobe Premier and use Fraps full version at 60 fps to record. If your computer sucks and can't handle recording while playing, dont bother making a movie, nothing people hate more than seeing a shitty rendered slow framerate movie.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
dragonz
Initiate

dragonz is unknown at this point
All right, i'l take all those tips in consideration while i'l be frapsing my movie

thanks alot
dragonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
iliaden
Initiate

iliaden is unknown at this point
Dont know which side you are playing but i do like Ally vids,since there is so many UD vids.
Afflictions = paper
Demonology = rock
Destruction = sissor
I do like paper and sissor,but think rock is boring.

Best luck whit your vid.
iliaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:12 AM   #6
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
Anything destruction. Other 2 specs are so boring to watch unless the player beats a zerg somehow by dot & run.

To me, Destruction is like Elemental on a mage, it just requires more skill and far more interesting to watch.

Last edited by yoshi245 : 04-07-2007 at 01:16 PM.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
You know I would have to say that none. Warlocks have no competition.

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
The.Kadist
Initiate

The.Kadist is unknown at this point
I like to watch new things - situations where you are in a bad position but can escape or even win. Crits aren't so interesting. Show us fights where things don't go your way and how you deal with that.

the Kadist

PS: I hope you're a female Orc ! But something tells me you're not... :-)
The.Kadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
hmm there really isn't a way to show something that I would consider 'new' in a PvP video; I don't watch them for seeing 'unique things'. I watch PvP Videos to see ass-kicking and special effects.

I would say the editing and opponents are the major factors for how good a PvP Video is. Don't bother frapsing fights vs heavily undergeared opponents; a few ganks here and there to show high crits 1-2 shotting are good to add in, but focus most of the video on fights vs similarly geared (as you) or overgeared opponents, 1v1-2 is fine. Maybe put in a 1v3 against lower-geared players but I don't care much for those; way too many videos out there show 1v2-3-4-etc against horribly undergeared players... not much of an accomplishment... much rather see you beat well geared players (and highly skilled is a plus) in 1v1-2's, just not super long fights. Try to make it fast-paced.

The other factor, editing, really depends on how well you can edit the video without overediting it. No editing is the same as overediting to me; takes out a huge part of the entertainment value and/or makes it annoying to watch. Choosing the music beforehand and editing the action so it paces with the music is key. On that note, music is a huge factor also; choose tracks that aren't overused in other videos, but also sound good to you and fit the style you want to use. Learn how to use Adobe Aftereffects/Premiere and Sony Vegas at the least, watch the millions of other videos and the effects they use, learn how to do them, look at tutorials online for how to make even better effects, learn to apply them carefully and not in every single second of the video so it doesn't turn out overedited. Use a wide variety of effects and transitions, don't just repeat 1-2 of the same effect over and over.

Those are my basic guidelines.

oh, as for what spec I'd prefer seeing; Destruction.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
and if you want reference to a superb dest lock movie
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=33834

it's a bit old(60 world/bg pvp), but content is fantastic, crits, skill, good editting, all in 1
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote