WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #11
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosan View Post
Mean Machine was awful, but not neccessarily because Niar has changed in any way. I never found his older movies "DUDE AWESOME" but I did enjoy the few I watched.

I think the big issue noone's pointed out yet (and it's obvious) is that....rogues were alot more fun to watch at 60. Most classes were in fact.....but rogues in particular have become slow-paced and struggle in most fights even against bad players (or badly geared, usually if they're both badly geared and bad...they're not a real problem).

People just live way too long now, everyone has too much time to think and react to rogues sad pvp damage output. And every other class has short, quickly re-usable CD's that counter our long ones!

But yeah, rogue pvp is alot less fun to watch in general nowadays ...and.....arenas are a yawn fest.
True, with resilience pretty much negating rogues and people uncommonly running around with up to 9-11k hp unbuffed due to gladiator gear these days. Rogues have to go out on a limb just to make a kill or 2, and to make it entertaining as well.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #12
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
Agreed. Resilience has taken alot of the excitement out of watching most movies. I liked watching PvP movies to see big numbers and people getting owned, though there are a few exceptions (vurtne).

But now all the good pvp players have alot of health, alot of resilience and it just doesnt make for a very exciting movie. Though it kind of reveals skill/flaws in classes

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #13
Tosan
Initiate

Tosan is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terwilliger View Post
Agreed. Resilience has taken alot of the excitement out of watching most movies. I liked watching PvP movies to see big numbers and people getting owned, though there are a few exceptions (vurtne).

But now all the good pvp players have alot of health, alot of resilience and it just doesnt make for a very exciting movie. Though it kind of reveals skill/flaws in classes

I concur. I think the bad parts of Resil strongly outweigh the good though
Tosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:54 AM   #14
yoshi245

And with 2.2's resilence affecting dots, well. Only a matter of time before resilence will eventually nerf non crit white damage, as well as non crit spells.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #15
Tosan
Initiate

Tosan is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
And with 2.2's resilence affecting dots, well. Only a matter of time before resilence will eventually nerf non crit white damage, as well as non crit spells.
Meh the DoT dmg reduction is piss poor anyway.

for instance.....4000 damage shadow word pain = 3600 with 400 resil, and that's a high amount of resil, and getting that high will be slightly harder when you can no longer stack 2 set bonuses.

Periodic damage still is quite a bit more affective than the rest
Tosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #16
Terwilliger

Seriously, the DoT damage won't affect many people at all. It isn't much of a nerf anyway. 10% for 400 resilience... Only people with full merciless sets have that much resilience. If you aren't a very high rating (even if you are, you should own anyway), it wont affect you much.

Anyway, it was needed. Why the hell should warlocks, the only(excluding shadow priests) DoT prominent class not be affected by resilience? Warlocks are already overpowered, this is a well needed nerf

Old 09-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #17
yoshi245

Although my point wasn't that, yes I'm quite aware that having max res would mean a minor reduction in dot damage.

It's the fact Blizzard is deciding for res turning out to be the big bad negation stat. I don't know what they intend to do with resilience after this. Maybe they'll leave it alone, but it's always possible they'll nerf other forms of damage(ie: Direct damage/non crits, thru res at this rate).

Or maybe I'm just assuming too much.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #18
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
Yep, BC badly nerfed rogues and the entertaining fast-paced asskicking videos of old are no longer possible... except against scrubs in BG's with 0 resil.

Apparently Blizzard's definition of "PvP" is a long, drawn-out yawn fest. They said that at lvl 80 HP will be doubled once again and it's intended to make fights even longer than they are now. Rogues will be even worse than currently, unless they get some HUGE buffs. Supposedly in 2.3 there will be many class changes including a few slight warrior/warlock nerfs, some shaman buffs and rogue buffs, etc.

There is a blog where many possible changes were posted by someone that supposedly works to make some of the balance changes in WoW, or something:

http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/WoWs-B...ance-Warriors/

See other classes under 'more entries by this author', but yea this is old news. This guy accurately predicted many other previous class changes so some people trust that info, I dunno though. Some of the rogue buffs look way too good to be true. I'll believe it when I see it.

My best advice to rogues is reroll something else (I made another char just for PvP) and continue to play your rogue in pve/raids while using the better class for PvP/arenas, or whatever, then if they actually fix rogues you'd have the option to resume pvp'ing with it.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #19
Akrios
Initiate

Akrios is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.x View Post
Yep, BC badly nerfed rogues and the entertaining fast-paced asskicking videos of old are no longer possible... except against scrubs in BG's with 0 resil.

Apparently Blizzard's definition of "PvP" is a long, drawn-out yawn fest. They said that at lvl 80 HP will be doubled once again and it's intended to make fights even longer than they are now. Rogues will be even worse than currently, unless they get some HUGE buffs. Supposedly in 2.3 there will be many class changes including a few slight warrior/warlock nerfs, some shaman buffs and rogue buffs, etc.

There is a blog where many possible changes were posted by someone that supposedly works to make some of the balance changes in WoW, or something:

http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/WoWs-B...ance-Warriors/

See other classes under 'more entries by this author', but yea this is old news. This guy accurately predicted many other previous class changes so some people trust that info, I dunno though. Some of the rogue buffs look way too good to be true. I'll believe it when I see it.

My best advice to rogues is reroll something else (I made another char just for PvP) and continue to play your rogue in pve/raids while using the better class for PvP/arenas, or whatever, then if they actually fix rogues you'd have the option to resume pvp'ing with it.
although rogues need a fix...we aren't that bad. I can beat most classes 1v1 unless they gear specifically for it, 2v2 is a decent bracket for rogue, 3v3 they excell and 5v5 they are decent on a 4 dps or 2 mage team. Rogues are a little weak but not brutal.

But ya the huge increase in stam and resilience compared to the minor increase in damage has a taken a bit of the fun out of wow pvp, or at least changed it somewhat.
Akrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #20
Terwilliger

Though blizzard is merely trying to balance PvP while balancing PvE. They need to give classes good DPS in PvE, but if certain classes are meant for DPS only, they will get alot more DPS. But then this makes PvP unfair, since they will just rape everything.

WoW is unbalanced atm, it never will be balance, there will always be one or 2 classes that are OP and no one can do anything about it, except complain. At the moment, warlocks are overpowered due to being the only heavy DoT dependent class, with resilience not affecting dots they just pwn so much without any negation. That plus they can DoT multiple targets (all 5 in a 5v5 wtf) and just run around drain lifing. This is in NO WAY fair to any class.

Warlocks also have the best AoE spell, wtf.

And dont get me started on fear, sometimes it works out for me good, but most of the time they just fear me and dont hit me, making it last the whole duration while they rape down my partner.

GG