WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
justinlolol
Initiate

justinlolol is unknown at this point
1152x864 question

I normally run my monitor resolution at 1280x1024 but when I set my monitor resolution to 1152x864 it looks horrible. Anti-aliasing is probably the most evident, all the text is fuzzy. If I leave my monitor res at 1280x1024 then change the in game resolution to 1152x864 once again the anti-aliasing looks horrible and I can barely read my name. I've tried everything possible with my nvidia control panel to smooth things out but haven't had any success. If anyone could help me to get fraps looking good quality it would be greatly appreciated.
justinlolol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Antialiasing is a technique for cleaning up jagged edges, it isn't related to the problem you seem to be having.

Flat monitors are bad at showing resolutions other than the one theyre rated for (often 1280x1024). Try using the auto button on your monitor to make it adjust to 1152x864 if it's too horrible.

Note that even if it looks bad on your monitor the frapsed stuff will look just fine.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote