WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
koroshi
Initiate

koroshi is an unknown quantity at this point
Fame requirement to rate and comment is annoying

I've been downloading movies from this site for nearly a year, I've probably watched 200 or 300 but because I forgot to do it while logged in I'm unable to give feedback on movies I watch. I've downloaded almost 100 movies and still no fame. Obviously your intention was either to eliminate advertising, stupidity, or both but there has to be an easier way to lower the requirements for entry into the community. Hey here's a few simple ideas:

-email verification (not foolproof but good) with a pass phrase instead of just a code.
-each account must be linked to a real wow player, easy enough to do with armory
-lower the ridiculous number of downloads you have to do for the initial 2 fame to 30 or 40 instead something like 150.

The whole thing is really starting to piss me off, I've been systematically downloading movies trying to get 2 fame just so I can comment on acrono's video and tell him it was good and say goodbye to the guy. Is there any way one of you admins can mset my fame to 2 just so I can post, I'm really starting to get annoyed with what feels like a stupid grind.
koroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
Legs
Hall of Fame member

Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
I think, he's right! 0,0
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Blixtberit
Initiate

Blixtberit is unknown at this point
Didn't even know it worked this way, I guess it serves it purpose somewhat, but it sucks when it backfires on someone like yourself. And tbh, fame clearly doesn't negate stupidity I'm afraid :<
Blixtberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
I completely disagree with this topic.

This is required to prevent a**holes from using one or more accounts to cause problems or downrate videos and such.

You have an account on this website, if you want to build your rating to be able to participate in the site, just login, it takes but a few seconds! And with cookies enabled you can have it remember you for months on end! You really only ever have to login once, and you'll stay logged in everytime you come back to watch your movies.

-email verification (not foolproof but good) with a pass phrase instead of just a code.
E-Mail verification doesn't work because most of us know how to get around that (I've got the abilitiy to easily create at least 350,000 e-mails, so what's my limit?)

- -each account must be linked to a real wow player, easy enough to do with armory
the armory is a laggy system at best, so not only would it slow the abilities of this site, but then identity theft would be an added problem for the WCM staff to worry about, as there is no way to verify if you are who you say you are. - Even if there was, people can make MULTIPLE CHARACTERS!

-lower the ridiculous number of downloads you have to do for the initial 2 fame to 30 or 40 instead something like 150.
The highest amount of fame that you can get is 100. Secondly, I believe you actually do only need a few fame to be able to comment and rate.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
Legs
Hall of Fame member

Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
I completely understand the problem of downratings and advertising, but if someone likes the videos and wants to comment them, there sould be an easier way than downloading 150 movies. Cause if people start to grind that, it's senseless.

I didn't know that the number of required downloads is so high, I got my first fame points easily by posting my own movie. But posting a movie just to get first fame points would be even worse than grinding them.

Just lower the number of required downloads a bit (it will still stop advertising accounts from posting).

Think about giving the ratings of users with high fame some more weight, that should solve the problem with unserious idiots.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Unfortunately I believe our requirements are to stay the same, we already have 90% of your current suggestions in place. While I understand the frustration it brings it is a necessary precaution that has proven itself many times to be very very effective. I'm still under the impression that we have no intent on changing this any time soon but it is still open for discussion simply because there is always a way to improve things, but at this time I don't know or feel that it will be changed for a while. If you would like to go into more detail about this matter with an Administrator I suggest sending an email to Uzbeki, as he is the developer of this system and can explain it and reasons why it is the way it is. His email address is [email protected].
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote