WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > News and Comments
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Final Voice Acting results are in!!

It took a while but after removing all invalid votes; here are the final results in the voice acting part of the Synergy Contest! !

#1 Drewbie with 27% - 84 votes.
#2 Caruu with 27% - 82 votes.
#3 Jesse Cox with 19% - 59 votes
#4 Matt Greenburg with 6% - 17 votes

Yet again a very close race between the front runners. These 4 will in cooperation with the Winner of the Machinima contest all get a chance to be part of a, so far, unnamed WCM project. 

The main purpose of this part of the Synergy contest has been to highlight the work put by these highly skilled professionals and we will continue doing it in the future.

Stay tuned for more awesome work by these guys!

Read the full version of this news item on WarcraftMovies.com
Uzbeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
JaySee
Initiate

JaySee is unknown at this point
Can I ask how votes count as invalid?!
I had alot of people who weren't originally members (family, friends, etc..) vote...
just becuase they didn't originally belong they don't count?

I mean lets be clear here. Dropping from 1st to 3rd with only 19% of the vote pretty much implies I was the "invalid" votes.

Last edited by JaySee : 08-07-2008 at 05:56 PM.
JaySee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
Opie
Site Manager

Opie is unknown at this point
I wont bother you with all the details from the logs during a short few hours the last voting night there was a large number of odd accounts registered. 100% of these bogus accounts voted for two of the participants.

We have no evidence to support that any of the participants actively cheated, (although 9 votes from the same IP is a bit odd) and therefor we have not DQ:ed anyone. Most probably these votes was cast by individuals seeking to help their favorite voice actor, it just got a bit out of hand.

This is always the risk when doing open polls on the Internet. In the future will either have semi-professional judge panels or filter out these type of bogus votes before they hit the website results to avoid this kind of confusion.

Again there is no finger pointing to anyone.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
JaySee
Initiate

JaySee is unknown at this point
Oh terrific ....
so by bugging people to vote for me, it actually helped me lose. I think the part of my brain that registers irony just exploded.
JaySee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
drewbie63
Hall of Fame member

drewbie63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I gotta say I'm pleased to see that I won, but it was yet another contest that got a bit jacked up by being an open vote. I'm first to admit that my demo was not the best one there and that hitting up the vast "Drewbiac" fan base was the key to my number of votes. So, I thank you for the win, but I agree that future contests need to utilize judges and have a bit tighter regulation.
drewbie63 is offline   Reply With Quote